Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to figure out was is going on. Truck has 174k. Attached is everything that has been done to the truck that pertains to the issue... I just purchased an aluminum degas bottle and replaced the cap with a motorcraft rc-527, didn't help. It seems to blow out coolant when under a medium and higher load. I purchased this truck about a month ago so I dont know exactly when all this work was completed but can tell it is actually has been conducted. Where should I start?

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am going to contact the shop that did the work. previous owner just told me work was done last year.

·
Premium Member
10,099 Posts
Original heads for the 6.0l are INFAMOUS for undetected cracking and other issues. Many have been in your situation so they opt to "buy once, cry once" and buy KDD or UFC heads and be done with it the first time.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Original heads for the 6.0l are INFAMOUS for undetected cracking and other issues. Many have been in your situation so they opt to "buy once, cry once" and buy KDD or UFC heads and be done with it the first time.
noted thank you. this is my first 6.0 and diesel for that matter. great introduction to this world....lol

·
Premium Member
642 Posts
noted thank you. this is my first 6.0 and diesel for that matter. great introduction to this world....lol
It gets better if you hang with this forum a while and learn.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It gets better if you hang with this forum a while and learn.
not to discouraged...just thought the truck had all the factory issues fixed and wasn't wanting to drop a ton of money on it. live and learn i guess. appreciate it.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Agreed. However....I seem to have disappearing coolant from my UFC heads... we'll see how that goes.

Sent from my LM-G900TM using Tapatalk

1 - 12 of 12 Posts