Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
769 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, what coolant filter kits are people running? I am going to flush my coolant soon and would like to go ahead and install one of these while I'm at it.

Anyone have any recommendations on coolant? Rotella ELC or just use the factory Ford stuff?

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
I went with the dieselsite kit. Super easy install and a great product. I also went with rotella hd elc with an ec-1 rating.

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Diesel site or sinister what ever one you can get cheaper get it. I like how the sinister kit has ball valves but I'm pretty sure you can get the diesel site with them too

·
Registered
640 Posts
I also have a sinister kit but haven't installed it yet. I read that you should install the filter kit and go through about two filters to get all the sand/junk out first, then do your flush and install a new filter. Don't know how accurate that statement is.

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Most likely it's accurate enough but your best bet is to cut the filters open and see when it not collecting anything anymore then do the flush. I never cut mine open I ran 2 filters then flushed and no problems but my coolant has been drained and refilled many times so I'm sure that helped

·
Registered
4,609 Posts
I also used the diesel site coolant filter. It works great and easy install. I went the the peak final charge for coolant.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Been running the sinister.
Sent from my DROID SPYDER using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Premium Member
51 Posts
I put the Diesel Site Coolant filter in mine. Install is good on Both Sinister and Diesel Site. I did Diesel Site because I didn' want the blue hose that came with Sinister's kit. Dieselsite's is Black. Either way you can't go wrong. The only thing I did was ditch the mounting bolts and bought stainless steel bolts and washers to mount mine.

·
Registered
517 Posts
I like the stainless hardware idea for our area too and the Dieselsite with the black hose is the way I am going to go.

·
Registered
769 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sounds good. I'll get one of these when I do the coolant flushed (soon).

137 Posts
Has anyone found out if the Dieselsite kit comes with the ball valves?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts