Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have been watching for an FX4 grill on ebay now for some time. i finally ran across one a week ago. i emailed the guy to see if he would add a buy it now option and he responded with give me an offer. i have heard people on here getting them for 100 bucks so i told him i thought they were going for around 100 but i would give him 150 plus the shipping. he responded back and said he wanted 200. i just let it go and figured id bid on it and if it went that high i wouldn't get it. anyway i bid on it this morning and won the auction for 67 dollars.
if this was of our members im sorry but i though id share my good luck with you all.

·
International Threat
13,087 Posts
Awesome luck, can I have some!

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
:rofl: :hehe: :woot: Good job with the find.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Ya gotta love ebay. I picked up a white one for $60+$50shipping. Congrats.

737tdi

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
Good deal for sure...props!

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
he had it listed wierd. i didn't see it either unless i put in a specific search for "black superduty grill" i think thats why no one else bid on it. it for sure didn't come up under FX4 grill. i got lucky for sure. i hope it's in as good of shape as he said.

·
Registered
301 Posts
The guy I got the white one from also had the gloss black grill as well. They are oem not import.

737tdi

·
Registered
301 Posts
I've seen 2 different auctions with the gloss black grille. I bought the white one from a guy in houston tx., it's been the only white one I've seen and i've been looking for a few months. Also mine came with the emblem.

737tdi

I meant to tell you also. I threw the idiot plastic screws/scrivets in the garbage and bought some bolts,nuts and washers for mounting my new one, it worked very well.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
i heven't even looked to see what was used but im sure i'll do the same. i always end up with half the mounting hardware down the floor drain or broken anyway. thanks for the advice.
now i can't decide if i want to get rid of the stock grill of sell it. i was thinkin id keep it for when i sell the truck and ive also heard the painted ones will chip easily. any suggestions

·
Premium Member
13,244 Posts
just a few screws i believe, if not it is held in by clips.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
i haven't gotten it yet. i'm going to give him the benifit of the doubt and say it was the 4th of july holiday that is holing up shipping but the tracking says it should be here tomarrow. i'll definatly put some pics up of the befor and after.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts