Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As much as I would love stacks, I just don't see me getting them atleast on this truck. I like having the bed cover and cabinet in the back, it's just convenient.

Right now I have a MagnaFlow exhaust system with a 4'' pipe I believe to a 5'' tip, straight-piped. Is there anyway I can just convert the system I have right now to duals?

What I would love to do is have pipes dump out on both sides of the truck right underneath the cab, or as close as possible. Anyway of making this possible?

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
thats one thing id like to do also! i got a mbrp 4'' and i want to convert mine into duals if posible

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I was thinking of maybe just buying the splitter and other end of the exhaust from Magnaflow or something :dunno:

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
exactly what i was thinking, but does anyone make duals for the obs???

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
that seems like it would work to me...

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Could you just take a splitter from a newer exhaust system and hook it up to your obs? I'm sure you'll probably have to create some hinges for the exhaust but that sounds like it might work.

But I've never been UNDER an obs truck so I don't truly know.

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
ill have to ask around but in your case i think it would work and good luck with it!

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks, now I just need to know where I can order part of an exhaust system LOL

·
Registered
5,008 Posts
as far as slitting out in front of the tires I think your going to have some clearance issues with 4 inch pipe.

diamond eye makes duals for the obs + 7.3 & 6.0 superduties that will be the company I will be going with once I get a new truck and opt to put exhaust on it. :thumb:

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You think the pipe will rub with anything? I was thinking I would dump it near the middle of my cab, or near the back end. Not so much near the rear tires.

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
i know 4wheelparts sells individual pieces of systems

·
Registered
5,008 Posts
You think the pipe will rub with anything? I was thinking I would dump it near the middle of my cab, or near the back end. Not so much near the rear tires.
itll hit the drive line on the drivers side and hang way to low and look ugly.

I had a ford half ton and a bronco with that exhaust setup with 2.25 inch pipe and I had issues with drive line clearance and it looked crappy how you could see the entire exhaust system under the truck.

why I would do it twice you ask? The bronco I had it installed like that and the half ton I bought after the bronco and the previous owner had already done the exhaust that way. I didnt lie it at all after it was all done. eventualy the drivers side pipe broke off of both trucks from the drive line hitting the pipe.

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sweet! I just found what I need but it seems that the Y-pipes biggest size is only 3'' :confused:

I believe I have 4'' pipe....I'm pretty sure :rofl::crazy:

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
itll hit the drive line on the drivers side and hang way to low and look ugly.

I had a ford half ton and a bronco with that exhaust setup with 2.25 inch pipe and I had issues with drive line clearance and it looked crappy how you could see the entire exhaust system under the truck.

why I would do it twice you ask? The bronco I had it installed like that and the half ton I bought after the bronco and the previous owner had already done the exhaust that way. I didnt lie it at all after it was all done. eventualy the drivers side pipe broke off of both trucks from the drive line hitting the pipe.
Ahhhh, I see. Thanks for the info, I didn't even put the drive line into consideration :doh:

I don't mind behind the tires look, I just think it would be unique to have it dump out like that.

·
Registered
5,008 Posts
it wouldbe sweet. but hard to do.

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I hear ya.

Does this seem like the right pipe to y'all? It's the last one
Aluminized Steel Y-Pipe

I mean it looks like the one that comes with the kits on magnaflow's site but the inlet and outlets are only 3''. I'm not suppose to clamp down my 4'' pipe onto that am I?

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I just took another look at that y-pipe, its not the right one. You think I can go to a dealer in town and special order that y-pipe?

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
im tellin you!!! call 4wheelparts they might still be open and order a section of the magnaflow duals for your truck, yes you can do that

·
Registered
5,008 Posts
you should be able to get just the y some where. IMO sisnce you already have the turbo back 4 inch I would just order a cat back dual system.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts