Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got the Blue spring upgrade done last night, Got 64 psi on the fuel gauge, was only getting 50 before the upgrade.

Drove it about 10 miles, runs terrible. Miss is still there, shakes bad, but worst part is no turbo boost. When the miss started it was still building boost.

I made a video of torque pro hooked up and running at WOT, but its so jerky I didn't include it in the post. Roads out in Saline county aren't exactly smooth.

Good thing, Fuel pressure never dropped, stayed at 64 psi, even at WOT.

I need to move the travel trailer so I'll do that and get it back in the garage.

Got to do some searches to find out how to test the FICM harness.

Probably need to pull the turbo again and check the vanes, as G8orford suggested the first time I had it off.

Possible alt is not putting out like it should, battery voltage was 12 and driving down the road it never got above 13.1. Batteries are brand new, Bought them when I had the no start, not saying one or both could be bad.

·
Registered
3,566 Posts
My OEM alternator does not put out above 13.1 voltage. The parts salesman checked with a tech, and they both told me that's normal, but I can bring it in to check. I like the idea of 13.5 VDC, and now I have 140 amp autozone alternator that is fine.

Don't know what is causing the lack of boost, but if you can monitor VGT%, it may point towards a turbo. You can also feel the cold and hot side hoses and pipes for cracks.

·
Premium Member
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is the video of TP at WOT, Really hard to watch, trying to video, watch the road.

These next two videos are for the sound. First one I've never heard the higher pitch sound.

After a few minutes the sound totally changed.

Is that normal sound of a 6.0 exhaust, mine does have straight pipe.

·
Premium Member
2,768 Posts

·
Registered
3,566 Posts
MAP and Boost are 0. My guess is if you pulled up EBP and Baro also, they would be 0. There is no boost sensor, but the truck somehow uses MAP and Baro to make the Boost.

A recent post had an ECM causing this. Something inside shorted out and the ECM stopped sending the 5 volt VREF. In that case, a new ECM fixed it. What would be nice is to try to get voltage off one of those sensors to see if the 5 volt vref is there. No input from those four sensors would effect how the truck runs.

I would start seeing if any of those four readings, Baro-EBP-MAP-Boost, show, and if not see if it is a voltage issue. In my signature block is good reading on the 6.0 and there's a wiring diagram at the end showing the pin outs for those sensors.

I did not watch the whole video, but the VGT% seemed to be fine. So it seems like the truck is trying to make boost and the video I thought as you revved, I thought I heard the turbo, so I'm back to the sensors.

·
Banned
16 Posts
Its that junk Adrenalin pump! i had a customer come to my shop to have me replace his OEM high pressure pump with an Adrenalin pump " the volume making not pressure making pump" lol, After doing so his symptoms met yours almost exactly. after looking at the PIDS they coincided with a bad pump. i called Adrenalin to report a junk pump. the guy blew all this smoke up my as+ about how he sells 150 pumps a month and he never heard of a problem like that. i tried a 2 new IPR valves and had the same result on all , i removed that junk pump, and replaced it with OEM and BAM problem solved. i have been a senior master certified diesel tech from ford for almost 30 years doing nothing but powerstrokes. (some credentials for you guys that are going to talk sh+t) and know junk when i see it. ADRENALIN PUMPS ARE JUNK the guy wouldnt even call me back because he knew i was right!
P.S.
you guys read much to far into simple things... on 03"s you guys described one of the most common problems

that junk pump is in my dumpster where it belongs

·
Premium Member
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My OEM alternator does not put out above 13.1 voltage. The parts salesman checked with a tech, and they both told me that's normal, but I can bring it in to check. I like the idea of 13.5 VDC, and now I have 140 amp autozone alternator that is fine.

Don't know what is causing the lack of boost, but if you can monitor VGT%, it may point towards t a turbo. You can also feel the cold and hot side hoses and pipes for cracks.
I checked the voltage at the alternator when I got back 13.2 volts.

Will one bad injector cause the shake?

I think I know the answer to this next question. But can you disconnect the injector wiring at each injector plug while it's running to find the cylinder miss for sure? Being mechanical injectors ( I know the have the open and close solenoids ) but will unplugging them one at a time do damage? When Ford EFI on the mustang we would unplug injectors to find a miss. wasn't quite as much fun as pulling spark plug wires and getting pooey knocked out of you, but it worked.

·
Premium Member
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Its that junk Adrenalin pump! i had a customer come to my shop to have me replace his OEM high pressure pump with an Adrenalin pump " the volume making not pressure making pump" lol, After doing so his symptoms met yours almost exactly. after looking at the PIDS they coincided with a bad pump. i called Adrenalin to report a junk pump. the guy blew all this smoke up my as+ about how he sells 150 pumps a month and he never heard of a problem like that. i tried a 2 new IPR valves and had the same result on all , i removed that junk pump, and replaced it with OEM and BAM problem solved. i have been a senior master certified diesel tech from ford for almost 30 years doing nothing but powerstrokes. (some credentials for you guys that are going to talk sh+t) and know junk when i see it. ADRENALIN PUMPS ARE JUNK the guy wouldnt even call me back because he knew i was right!
P.S.
you guys read much to far into simple things... on 03"s you guys described one of the most common problems

I'm not sure what kind of pump it has as I purchased the truck used with 260,000 miles on it. It's an 06 ccsb king ranch. I know it's showing a consistent 64 psi after the blue spring upgrade. I know it still has the original HFCM.

·
Premium Member
2,768 Posts
P.S.

Woah pardner, pump the brakes and dont toot your horn so much, ...the OP stated the fuel pressure was holding, so not the fuel pump at all. The first vid shows the fuel pressure gauge setup he was using.

·
Banned
16 Posts
slow ya roll i think ya smoked to much hydro today bud....because i said high pressure pump or in internet land HPOP ... i mentioned nothing about a fuel pump

·
Premium Member
2,768 Posts
slow ya roll i think ya smoked to much hydro today bud....because i said high pressure pump or in internet land HPOP ... i mentioned nothing about a fuel pump
Ford calls that one an injection pump, just so ya know

And yeah, when I read your wall of rant I seen fuel pump ...

·
Banned
16 Posts
would you like a copy of the ford books ? high pressure pump is your HPOP which i assume in your web lingo means High Pressure Oil Pump? beacuse it fires injectors with high pressure oil . an injection pump is on an porior to 1994 1/2 7.3 or 6.9 IDI engine. hold on! that may throw you for a louie lets clear that up IDI which means indirect injection.. stick that in your pipe and smoke it Hydroponic!

at your request i would be more then happy to email you a copy of the original Ford books so you can see how to manufacturer refers to their parts!

by the way im a 30 year Ford senior master now i own a diesel performance shop..

·
Banned
16 Posts
no one is insulting anyone but when people misquote me then try to tell me im wrong about what i didn't say i get annoyed im here to help and yes i am using my credentials beacuse im good at what i do and i fuc%king earned them. i can diag these trucks over the phone

sorry about the potty mouth but im in a garage everyday lol i dont sweep floors lol

·
Super Moderator
28,718 Posts
no one is insulting anyone
stick that in your pipe and smoke it Hydroponic!
slow ya roll i think ya smoked to much hydro today bud

the "potty mouth" does not fly here either ( I am around foul language all day long also but unlike talking, your typing so you have time to think about what you post)

I am telling you the Powerstroke Army is perfect for you

1 - 18 of 18 Posts