Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm considering buying another Powerstorke. The first one didn't work out well, a 2007 F350 6.0.

Anyway, trying to get some feedback on the new trucks. If i buy one it will be a 2012 F350 dually, FX4, Lariat. I live on a gravel road so the first question i have is how well the interiors hold up(i hate rattles). The next question is how well has the new 6.7 powerstorke engine been performing.

anyway, any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Brian

·
Registered
568 Posts
I'd definitely recommend buying a new truck. Buying any used 6.0 is almost like playing the lottery, and mine was the losing end of that deal.

Atleast buying a new truck you'd know that it was never mistreated, never missed an oil change and can keep it with regular maintenance, I am now looking at a set of new injectors after putting $3,000 into it last month. yay for 6.0s

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I usually by new just because most people don't take care of the ****e! My 6.0 was bought new in 2006.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
anybody???

·
Registered
2 Posts
I drive my bosses 2012 f350 srw all the time. (Has a flatbed we use to haul pallets of parts to plating) it gets beat on everyday and the thing is still amazing. Rides nicer than my half ton loaded and unloaded. They're fast as hell too. Hes not had one problem after 50k miles of abuse.

Sent from my DROID X2 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
anybody else? the good, the bad, the ugly on the new SD trucks

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
NEW TRUCK........>Me :drool:
It depends on what i find out here. I have been reading the problems sections of the forum but, that is a bad way to form an opinion because all the post are by people with problems!

I have only owned one ford and it was a bad experience (2007 6.0).

I am thinking of giving them another shot but, cannot really find out much about the 2012 trucks.

I guess if i cannot find anything out i could always keep my GMC or buy a new one but, where is the adventure in that!

·
Registered
853 Posts
I don't have one, but a farmer down the road has a 2011 F250 ccsb, he's been extremely happy with it. I know he drives quite a bit of gravel also.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks for all that responded!

I guess there are less of these trucks on the road or current owners are not very proud of the trucks or nobody that owns one of these has seen my thread.

·
Registered
853 Posts
go to the 6.7 general section and ask they guys in there what they think of them

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks Vince!

I'll try that.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts