Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
The Silent Service
5,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy, ya'll,

So looking at the next huge mod down the road for my F350 Dually, and naturally a more aggressive stance came to mind. So that got me thinking about various wheel / tire sizes, and got me scanning the ORG for insight.

I'm not looking at going crazy with things here, and a few key options keep coming to mind:
For rims, keep the stock 17", or go to a 19.5" direct bolt, or 22.5" with adaptors.
For tires, up to a 33" or 35" tire with spacers if required.
For the suspension, keep stock, install a leveling kit with traction bars, or a full 4" lift with bars.

I still want to tow a heavy gooseneck without an issue, and have a relatively comfortable ride. The idea is if I go to a larger rim, I'll upgrade the brake system accourdingly down the road a ways.

This is still a thinking out loud stage, any feedback is welcomed and encouraged. What worked for you, what didn't, what folks are running, etc.

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
I would go with the 19.5 so you can get the heavy duty tires.

Look to PMF for track bars.

And try some EBC pads on stock rotors, I have always noticed a huge braking improvement.

Just a few ideas.

·
The Silent Service
5,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
About the only reasons I have to up the rims, is to throw the F or G rated tires on, and up the brake package.
:bump: :bump:
Lets see if there are any other opinions here...

·
Viking Heavy Diesel
20,738 Posts
I would take the 22.5 over the 19.5 but in any case would go with the 265-70 in a load range G or H.

·
The Silent Service
5,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Any particular reason for the 22.5" vs the 19.5" rim Ryan?

I know you're looking at replacing the rear tires on yours, I take it you think your's are too narrow?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Please help. I have a 1989 f450 dually and i can not get the rim of the axle. Does anyone know where i can get parts? no one lists an f450 with disc breaks in rear except napa. My rotor snapped in the center is spinning free.

·
Registered
133 Posts
As for tires I would go with 22 or 24 there are not to many opt. For the 22.5 rims. I run 22.5 and wish I got 22's. Already looked into milling them down to 22's

1 - 8 of 8 Posts