Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys
im installing a triple guage kit. boost trans temp exhaust temp. and installing a kill switch. i jsut got done with all the wiring instlled guages they power up with the key on lights come on and dim with the dash switch.
I still have to install the trans temp sender and the exhaust needs to be drilled tapped for the pyro.

I went to hook up the boost guage and I followed the instructions. the instructions said to cut a hose near the oil cap ( picture) found the hose. installed tee. Nothing happens when the truck is started.
I pulled the tube that goes to the guage andblew in it and my buddy said the guage moved so its not the guage.

Now I read and some instructions tell me to drill and tap the intake tube. i started the truck and that hose that i cut does nothing its not a vaccum hose. The hose goes to the passanger side of the truck to a bracket. there is a small electronic something that has a wired plug and the hose hooks up to the back of that plug thing.

So where is the CORRECT place to hook up the boost guage.
Im drilling and tapping the driver side manifold for the exhaust temp
and the trans has the plug that I will remove and install the new plug adapter and sender for the trans temp

THANK YOU for any help. im planing on finishing it up tomorrow. Pics will follow.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Sounds like your in the MAP line, and that should work fine thats where I put mine, just installed mine a few weeks ago, but you wont see a reading on the boost gauge untill u drive it and actually build boost, at idle the turbo isnt building boost so your gauge will be at zero.

·
Registered
243 Posts
No Problem, get some pics when u finish, what gauges did u get?

·
OperationSmile.org
2,011 Posts
Your gauge won't move when the truck is just idling and will barely move if you rev the engine. You have to put a load on the motor for it to build boost.

·
Viking Heavy Diesel
20,739 Posts
If you want to see if it works, go out on the road and take off from a dead stop in second. It will do something!

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was still working onit last night. I just thought it would move when I started the truck. I was just checking the install as I did it
Im finishing up today and then Ill get some pics
Rob

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
As i promised pics of the install.

Wiring harness is the second loom lower on the edge of the truck engine bay. give it a few weeks it will look just as dirty as the rest of the stuff in there. it also has kill switches, and future wiring for off road lights or other accessories maybe ill do a in cab winch control. the wire loom is full ow wires. it also contains the boost guage vaccum tubing.
Wire loom goes through the firewall and its all taped up looks factory. The manifold drilling was easier than I expected so was the tapping of the hole
Trans temp sending unit was also easy. no mess realy at all.
Tje fnal product was actually pretty pleasant to look at. I thought it would be harder to do than it was. The hardest thing was to make the wire loom the way i wanted. Nice thing is you cannot start my truck unless i told you how to do it. overall i would give this install a hardness to install of 3.5 out of 10.

·
Registered
133 Posts
nice, what guages are those

·
Registered
198 Posts
came out pretty good.. looks great too!

·
Registered
217 Posts
Auto meter Ultra-Lite's

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Looks good

·
Registered
646 Posts
Yea I have ultra lites too when shut off my pyro doesnt drop back it sits at about 200 then when you turn the key on it jumps where it should be

1 - 16 of 16 Posts