Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I placed my order for one of their turbo kits tonight. I'm getting a s363 with a .91 ar twin scroll housing. I'm also getting a downpipe and replacements for the plastic tubing between the intercooler and the intake. I'll post a full review when I get and install the kit and after driving for a few days. I'll post updates down the road some time too. I live at 6000 feet and tow very heavy on occasion.

See this thread for more info: http://www.powerstroke.org/forum/6-7-performance-parts-discussion/471770-6-7-turbo-kit-my-random-meandering-thoughts.html

·
Registered
331 Posts
What are you running for tunes with the new kit?

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'll run whatever tuning the guys at CFD recommend. My trans tuning may be a little different due to the elevation I live at.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Update: I got the kit a little over a week ago and there were some quality control issues as well as some things I prefer be different. The new parts should be here on Wednesday. Even though there were some QC issues, CFD has been great to work with and they are taking care of it.

·
AMERICA!
22,939 Posts
Update: I got the kit a little over a week ago and there were some quality control issues as well as some things I prefer be different. The new parts should be here on Wednesday. Even though there were some QC issues, CFD has been great to work with and they are taking care of it.
What kind of QC issues?

·
Banned
799 Posts
What kind of QC issues?
I will let the OP state the exact concerns he has.

I can tell you we shipped out a new set of headers, uppipe and pedestal.
The new items have heavier welds that are not blended at the ports or ground flush per the customers request.
He has now also asked for a few other custom items which I think will be a very nice feature of the kit.
I am glad to accommodate him or any other customer, and will strive for 100% customer satisfaction.
I am very appreciative of all the great feedback DirtBikepilot has to offer. The OP has allot of careful thought put into exactly what he wants on his truck.
I think at the end of this I will ultimately end up with an enhanced product with all the custom features end users are looking for.
Thanks to everyone that has participated

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'll post all of the details in a full write-up and review after this is done. It may take a couple more weeks because there are a few ideas that we're kicking around. Just to be extra clear, I don't have anything to do with CFD besides being a customer (and a PITA, lol).

·
Registered
207 Posts
I'll post all of the details in a full write-up and review after this is done. It may take a couple more weeks because there are a few ideas that we're kicking around. Just to be extra clear, I don't have anything to do with CFD besides being a customer (and a PITA, lol).
Haha must be you haven't heard but anyone that goes to CFD is obviously part of a big conspiracy. Hopefully you like the kit!

·
Banned
799 Posts
He will be grinning ear to ear once that pedal hits the mat for the first time.
Everyone does, somehow that just makes it all better......haha

·
Registered
388 Posts
Well, One post on power stroke army, and I've been "banned for life" no reason given. That's one f'd up forum I'll give you that!

·
Doesn't Even Care
18,044 Posts
Well, One post on power stroke army, and I've been "banned for life" no reason given. That's one f'd up forum I'll give you that!
Lol....that's hilarious. What was in your post? That site sucks anyhow. Haha.

Back to regularly scheduled programming.....

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
388 Posts
Lol....that's hilarious. What was in your post? That site sucks anyhow. Haha.

Back to regularly scheduled programming.....

I posted under T Diesel,
I said, "How's she running?"
I believe it was in the "turbo kit review" 6.7 aftermarket forum.

·
Banned
799 Posts
The Psa is very clicky. They are not very open to new insight.
Stick on .org they have really got things going on here and run a tight ship.
This sight has more post from a wide diversity of user and vendors.
No disgusting avatars and very respectful members.

The PSA has potential PT just needs to crack the whip a little.

To answer your question the truck is running great.
I have to work out a payment with the original shop for letting us complete the job there.
The customer is still not back from work to test drive the truck.
We did talk to him and at this time he is completely satisfied.
We advised him of his lifetime warranty, and 12 month turbo warranty.
And now we still have a perfect record of 100% customer satisfaction and installation back in place.

·
Doesn't Even Care
18,044 Posts
Cfd- what is considered under the lifetime warranty? Labor?

1 - 20 of 57 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.