Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, how do i get my 01' 7.3L back to its stock computer program. I bought the truck, and it already is tuned, and i do not have the tuner, nor does the previous owner. I want to get a DP or PHP, but need to get back to stock before this, correct? Thoughts, comments, opinions?

Kyle

·
Registered
127 Posts
should be able to go to your local dealership and they can reprogram the computer back to the as built data from just using the vin number. i had a local guy that was mobile do mine that had factory ford software and only charged me 90 bucks. maybe someone else can chime in and has a better way :icon_ford:

·
Premium Member
677 Posts
So, how do i get my 01' 7.3L back to its stock computer program. I bought the truck, and it already is tuned, and i do not have the tuner, nor does the previous owner. I want to get a DP or PHP, but need to get back to stock before this, correct? Thoughts, comments, opinions?

Kyle
Depends on what type of tuner you go with. A programmer/downloader-yes.

A chip from either of us listed-no.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So if i got a DP or PHP chip, it will override the current program? and if i take the chip out, the truck will resume the program that is currently in the truck? Correct?

·
Premium Member
677 Posts
So if i got a DP or PHP chip, it will override the current program? and if i take the chip out, the truck will resume the program that is currently in the truck? Correct?
Yes sir. I don't see paying to have it re-flashed if you planning on getting a chip.

Diane

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
no, i would rather save the money and put it toward the chip..... just wanted to get some advice on what to do... pretty new to the 7.3L world, as far as doing modifications and upgrades.....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts