Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
new guy to this site and i was thinking of doing an after market compressor wheel and waste gate on my truck has anyone else done this and what did you notice besides higher boost pressure what are some things i might want to watch out for thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
18,029 Posts
I dont know of any "aftermarket" compressor wheels without a different compressor housing. Someone else will be along to help you further on this, as I dont know all about the aftermarket on our trucks...

welcome to the ORG!

·
duct tape & zip ties
10,759 Posts
The only aftermarket wheel i know of for a stock housing is the ww. Doesn't give you higher boost or hp but it helps with surge. As for the wastegate, there is a way to adjust your stock one.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The only aftermarket wheel i know of for a stock housing is the ww. Doesn't give you higher boost or hp but it helps with surge. As for the wastegate, there is a way to adjust your stock one.
ok where do i find out about adjusting the stk one my truck only puts out 17lbs of boost and the only See's that for 10sec when i first get into the throttle really hard also trying to purchase a 6.0L intercooler to help lower egts a little until i can afford an after market on

·
duct tape & zip ties
10,759 Posts
If your running the programmer you should be seeing more then 17psi. Stock is around 20-22 psi. I would be looking for a boost leak. Check the Cac tubes that go to the intercooler. Remove the CAI and reach in and check the compressor wheel for damage or excessive play from the shaft.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
will do that thanxs for the help

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yes i am orn and raised not alot of people know where that is

·
duct tape & zip ties
10,759 Posts
yes i am orn and raised not alot of people know where that is
Your screenname almost made me ask if you were at pendelton. Due to the part of the base named Matteo.

I was stationed at pendelton for 3 years. I used to hang out in Ramona, Poway, Palomar MTN, Lakeside, Escondido, Santee, Temecula, Glamis, Borrengo Springs, Pine Valley, Fall Brook, El Cajon, Rancho Cucamunga or how ever you spell that place. But anyways yeah I been through and hung out in Santee.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
sarry not in the military at all/never was never will but i give those who are/was and going props

·
duct tape & zip ties
10,759 Posts
sarry not in the military at all/never was never will but i give those who are/was and going props
Thats cool man the military is not for everyone and anyone in the military or has been in the military should respect that.

Man bringing up those towns I used to run through brought back some old memories any ways. lets get back on track.

Like I said it sounds like you have something else going on to cause the low boost.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i am going to check it out tomorrow will post my findings

1 - 12 of 12 Posts