1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
duct tape & zip ties
10,761 Posts
The chirping of the turbo is surge. I know when I had surge my needle did not flutter like that. But I had the chirping. I replaced my stock wheel with the wicked wheel and that cured my surge.

·
Registered
601 Posts
35psi with surgeing.....you dont have any love for your stock turbo do you?:wink[3]:
that is kinda wierd to get that much movement, but i havent spent to much time around trucks running over 30psi boost.

·
duct tape & zip ties
10,761 Posts
35psi with surgeing.....you dont have any love for your stock turbo do you?:wink[3]:
that is kinda wierd to get that much movement, but i havent spent to much time around trucks running over 30psi boost.
Mine will hit 30psi but not go over it.

·
John Wood Nut Swinger
3,413 Posts
At 35psi of boost, you are making less power than the guys running 30psi. It is called thermal expansion, hot air takes more space then cold air and at that boost level the turbo is super heating the air by beating the heck out of it. Plus, it will kill our turbo short order. Been there, done that.

·
duct tape & zip ties
10,761 Posts
At 35psi of boost, you are making less power than the guys running 30psi. It is called thermal expansion, hot air takes more space then cold air and at that boost level the turbo is super heating the air by beating the heck out of it. Plus, it will kill our turbo short order. Been there, done that.

What if he gets an aftermarket turbo and intercooler. Then he would be ok right. But if he did that then most likely he would need injectors too correct.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah, thats why im running water/meth, it seems to help out a bit. Im planning on upgrading to a better intercooler, turbo and injectors once i get out of school, but im going to work on the supporting mods for the injectors first HPOP, Fuel system etc...

·
John Wood Nut Swinger
3,413 Posts
An aftermarket turbo will make less boost but flow more air. A larger intercooler will help cool intake temps and that will help make more power in the long run.

FWIW, I run a stock intercooler with B code injectors pushing 50+psi of boost with a much larger than stock turbo. My intake temps hang out around 170* after the intercooler. It has to do with the design of the turgo to pump air and not beat it up.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts