Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

41 - 60 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Awesome!! I've been wanting to do this, but I didn't have the time or expertise to figure out the right combo!

So, you're headlights are LED, too, right?
EDIT: never mind... I'm a moron... :)

·
Semper Fi
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Just an update: As of today, I haven't had any problems at all with the LED bulbs I installed and haven't noticed any degradation in performance. (knocking on wood)

Reactions: Stiles

·
Premium Member
179 Posts
Thanks for info and update. Does the new flasher work OK if you run a trailer that doesn't have led bulbs?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Semper Fi
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Thanks for info and update. Does the new flasher work OK if you run a trailer that doesn't have led bulbs?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
That's a good question, I haven't had the chance to tow a trailer that didn't have LED lights. It seems to me, though, that there wouldn't be an issue considering the load from the regular bulbs would be more than the load from the LEDs. (the reason regular flasher relays won't work with LEDs is because LEDs draw such a low current to operate, the relay thinks that the "bulb" is burned out creating the hyper flash) I'll see if I can find out and get back to you. Does anyone else know the answer?

·
Premium Member
179 Posts

·
Semper Fi
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Does anyone have any pics or stories of their LED upgrades that this write-up helped accomplish? I'd be interested in seeing/hearing them.

·
Registered
901 Posts
That's a good question, I haven't had the chance to tow a trailer that didn't have LED lights. It seems to me, though, that there wouldn't be an issue considering the load from the regular bulbs would be more than the load from the LEDs. (the reason regular flasher relays won't work with LEDs is because LEDs draw such a low current to operate, the relay thinks that the "bulb" is burned out creating the hyper flash) I'll see if I can find out and get back to you. Does anyone else know the answer?
I have LEDs and the correct flasher for it in my truck and hauled two trailers without LEDs and they were no problems. My trailer with LEDs works just fine as well

2005 F350 CCLB FX4

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Sub for future reference. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
179 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Tony great write up....My wife is not going to like you showing me how to spend money but this I am going to have to do. If she knew I was going to spend all this money on modding a truck not sure she would have agreed to me getting the Green Monster....Thanks again for a great write up!!

·
Registered
228 Posts
My reverse lights on my 2006 are not 194's. They are the same style bulb as the turn/tail/brake bulbs. Is this a different model year set up? My tailgate says "SUPER DUTY" in the bottom too. What year did they start doing that? Im wondering if it wasnt wrecked and they changed some stuff around?reat

BTW great write up and pics!!

·
Registered
577 Posts
My reverse lights on my 2006 are not 194's. They are the same style bulb as the turn/tail/brake bulbs. Is this a different model year set up? My tailgate says "SUPER DUTY" in the bottom too. What year did they start doing that? Im wondering if it wasnt wrecked and they changed some stuff around?reat

Could be an aftermarket tail light assembly. Tailgate swaps are fairly common on our trucks.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
529 Posts
Reverse lights on my 07 (which should be the same as your 06) are 3156. I just replaced mine with these from Retro Solutions they sure are bright! I also got my license plate lights and cargo lights.

·
Super Moderator
12,924 Posts

Sounds like the PO did an 08+ tailgate and taillight swap.....I know the gate for sure at least......if the reverse light is on the top, they're from an 08+ too!

·
Registered
529 Posts
Sounds like an 08+ gate and 06 lights.

·
Semper Fi
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
Is anyone having trouble seeing all of the pictures from the write up? I had a member write to me and say he couldn't see any of the pictures.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Is anyone having trouble seeing all of the pictures from the write up? I had a member write to me and say he couldn't see any of the pictures.
I can see them

·
Semper Fi
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
Ok, that's what I figured, as I am still able to see them too. Thank you.

41 - 60 of 97 Posts