Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
they reprogrammed the inst cluster. i was told it would fix the way miles to empty was calculated....
i put about 120-130 miles on the truck yesterday, mostly highway, from 65-75mph
dash read 11.1 mpg, and i about ****.
it usually read about 14.0 on this particular drive. it has always been within .4-.5 mpg of hand calculated
So i filled up today, just to check it out. hand calc came to 14.8mpg... so now they have ruined one more aspect of my truck, THANKS FORD.

G

·
Oh dang

they reprogrammed the inst cluster. i was told it would fix the way miles to empty was calculated....
i put about 120-130 miles on the truck yesterday, mostly highway, from 65-75mph
dash read 11.1 mpg, and i about ****.
it usually read about 14.0 on this particular drive. it has always been within .4-.5 mpg of hand calculated
So i filled up today, just to check it out. hand calc came to 14.8mpg... so now they have ruined one more aspect of my truck, THANKS FORD.
I hope it doesnt leave you stranded somewhere. You could always look at the gauge.

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
I hope it doesnt leave you stranded somewhere. You could always look at the gauge.
i do look at the gage, when on long trips, i would glance at the mpg to see how the truck was doing. when you have a truck for a year and a meter is consistent, and works, and then you take the truck in for upgrades, and it no longer works, it pisses you off.

·
Registered
6,782 Posts
i do look at the gage, when on long trips, i would glance at the mpg to see how the truck was doing. when you have a truck for a year and a meter is consistent, and works, and then you take the truck in for upgrades, and it no longer works, it pisses you off.
You should probably go back and change some words before we get another battle thread.

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
I agree. That would suck.

I have not had mine reprogrammed yet and I'm considering leaving it alone.

·
Premium Member
14,367 Posts
Fixed it - thank you gentlemen for keeping things civil. :nod:

·
Registered
3,322 Posts

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
im sorry, i felt him insinuting that my inability to read a fuel gage was an insult in itself...

·
Registered
203 Posts
Now back to the thread.
I have been waiting to get my reflashed because I was afraid of a drop in fuel milage. I am glad to hear you kept the same fuel milage.
For the last few tanks my truck has steadily been getting worse milage so I might just take the plunge. I have also noticed more large puffs of white smoke.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts