Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
41 - 60 of 73 Posts
Thanks all for this Thread. Great info. I'm hopefully a new owner by the weekend of a 7.3L. I am also a newbie Diesel owner. I dont have much experience with engine repair, but the Threads are fantastic. I see a lot of this CPS problem so even though I have no clue "at this time" what that is or where its at....I will research and locate it just in case...Thanks again! keep it coming
It's on the front of the motor, near the harmonic balancer, I you ever have to replace it, ONLY by it from ford!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Oooooor from IH...it's been debated lol

another one similar to fuel in coolant. got her home after trip. has been loosing coolant( cant find leak) w/ fuel in coolant.
replaced cups, new orings on injectors, checked clearance on poppets (bit tight, gonna shim for now,$$$) new cps from ford (gray), new icp, did scan and coded
340 cps
470,471 ebps
1140 water in fuel
1211 icp
1247,1248 boost (turbo sens)
1670 no feedback

now i'm trying to start so i can check injectors, so vc's are off. crank, no start. #22 fuse is replaced, icp unplugged, going to check pressure @ icp in a bit, so i know what ipr is putting out. will post when i get reading, oh, and i don't have the scanner available. no rpm's present on crank w/ new ford cps(gray). no oil puking from injectors on crank. hpop level is about 3/8 to 1/2" from top.

any ideas where to go from here??? all answers are appreciated. thanks in advance

fourdoor

i have a 97 f350 the problem im having is my truck will run for about two hours the shuts down if i wait three hour truck starts up or if i put a bag of ice on the top of the motor truck starts up in two minute and run two more hour i have replaced the cps the oil temp sensor any more ideas

How hot is the HPOP when it shuts off?

Just alittle intro, First time diesel owner (aka scared sh*t-less something is going to break)

97 f250 4 door 2wd automatic
Fuel bowl delted
3 inch downpipe
4 inch exhuast
unknown intake
Truck runs good (in my opinion but what do i know lol)
A bit of ugly duckling going to get that fixed up tho..

Only real question at this time is (how much boost do these trucks normally make the aftermarket boost gauge only reads to like 5-10psi and is plugged into the V piece that goes to heads. I have feeling it's not reading right..

Cali truck or Federal? Boost is a little low as it should be close to 15-18 bone stock.

help long crank

i have a 1999 ford super duty f250 7.3. it takes 4 to 5 seconds to start hot or cold and when its not warmed up it takes about 10 seconds to start. when it starts it runs great and idles great too. my only problem is it cranks long. i already replace fuel filter and gpr. when its not warm i checked the hpop and its low. if i turn off my truck and turn it right back on without waiting for the wait to start to turn off it fires right up.

Bumping an old thread, but it's a sticky so no big deal. Anyone have any details on replacing the white vacuum line on the left side of the engine bay? mine is completely broken in half and weathered and broken down. It's been like that for a while, but since i like to live life on the edge, i never dealt with it. But i would like to deal with it now since I'm older and wiser. i need a P/N if there is one. And can't seem to find any replacement details on the ol' g.o.o.g.l.e.

I just used a rubber line that fit.

And I used left over vacuum line from a Auto Meter boost gauge. Any speed shop will have it in spools.

That closes the blender door that allows outside air into the cabin for "Max A/C".

41 - 60 of 73 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.