Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Extruding Elements
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I stopped at a local paint shop and they suggested vs converting my chrome bumpers to paint matched, buy some aftermarket bumpers that are primed and sell/keep the OEM ones. Due to the fact that a chip from a rock will present a chrome appearance and its easier to fix an aftermarket primed bumper vs a chrome one...in reference to chips. Do we have any vendors that deal in stock OEM replacement bumpers? In searching on line...2011-2016 is the acceptable years for a direct fit?

·
Vendor
1,068 Posts
@fordsvtparts can probably give you the best deal on an OEM bumper, although shipping may be a killer to FL.....might be worth it trying to find someone locally that wants to trade for the chrome.

You can also try a wrap.... @Six0~Stroker did his bumpers and they turned out pretty good IMO.

Shipping is a killer, but it may be worth it if you are looking for both front and rear. Also, be sure to PM me if interested in a price. I can often sell these cheaper than what's on our website!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Get them powder coated! They can color match to almost any color, it holds up well, inexpensive, and you don't need to buy new bumpers. I've done it on all 3 of my recent rigs in the last 5 years - one of the first things that happens after the come off the lot.
Be prepared to devote an afternoon to taking the front and back off...the front was a much bigger pain in the rear than I expected.

Just my $0.02

·
Registered
126 Posts
A good powder shop can do chrome. They will etch it in order to facilitate the powder adhering to the chrome. Quality chrome makes a difference as well, since I had my entire Harley powdered black utilizing the factory chrome pieces. All the powder held up perfectly and I didn't experience any issues.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts