Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
What did you find out? I remote started my truck today and Everything worked like it's supposed to. So it's hit or miss on the cruise working.

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
What did you find out? I remote started my truck today and Everything worked like it's supposed to. So it's hit or miss on the cruise working.
Ford asked the dealership to check for a laundry list of random things. They were asked to ensure there’s no corrosion on the plugs/connectors, no aftermarket components tapped into the circuitry, ensure continuity between circuits, check fuses and voltage, etc. As explained to me by the service manager, this is typical procedure to check all electrical components/harnesses when there’s intermittent issues. Received a phone call explaining that all the things Ford had them check came back normal and the dealership is currently awaiting a response from Ford. I’ve since filed a complaint with Transport Canada with regards to a defect with a safety feature. We’ll see if government intervention yields a faster remedy to my problem.

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Ford sent out a regional engineer to the dealership. Verdict is that the pre-collision assist not available error is due to a voltage spike that happens when you use the remote start. It’s a computer/programming issue. There’s no ETA on an update but Ford is aware of some vehicles having this issue. I guess that the current/voltage deltas are out of range and throw the code. The engineer says that there’s no need to worry about these voltage spikes affecting other modules on the truck. I’m not sold on this as it’s intermittent. Most of the time, I don’t get the error when using remote start. I’m currently proceeding with arbitration for Ford to buy back the vehicle. I’ll be picking up my truck tomorrow so hopefully, everything is better documented and I can post a copy of the work order.

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
After dealing with the Canadian equivalent of Lemon Law, it looks like my truck will be bought back as Ford was unable to fix the software problem with my adaptive cruise control/pre collision assist not available error in the 60 days set out by a third party arbitrator. Ford acknowledged there was an issue when they sent a letter (manufacturer’s defence) dated early February stating they’re aware of the problem and “recommend in the interim to cancel the remote start prior to starting the vehicle to prohibit this concern from happening.”

I’m frustrated that in five months, Ford wasn’t able to figure this issue out. Seems like I’ll be the one left holding the bag as I’m not compensated for aftermarket parts on my truck and must return the vehicle to stock/OEM form. By going through arbitration, I’m unable to file a legal claim. I’m hoping that Ford not complying with the arbitrator’s orders will allow me to go the legal route. I have a teleconference next week to discuss the repair award not being completed. Not sure what that means.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
After a total of 3 dealer visits and 20 total days without my truck, I think they've finally truly fixed it this time. They had to replace the restraint module, which is located on the tranny tunnel under the center console. I've had it back a week and not seen the error message. Previously it was a daily occurrence.
Sorry to hear they haven't fixed it. Did they try the same module Ford replaced on my truck? I haven't had any issues since they replaced that restraint module.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts