Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else seeing this error message pop up? I get it about 50% of the time lately, always on a cold start. It's at the dealer for the 2nd time for this today.

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
I had it pop up once last week. That was the first time though.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Can you both confirm you only get the something right at start up?

Ford had my truck five days last week three days this week and it's still not solved. The service writer just let me know I should plan to keep this rental truck through the weekend. No bueno.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Yep, have had a couple of times. Always on cold start. Also affects adaptive cruise control. If you shut off the truck and then restart it will work.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
I had it this morning. It was cold start about 30 degrees outside. What were temps for you guys? maybe a weather related issue?

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Mine was right at start up. I believe the motor was cold too. Hasn’t done it since but I have been traveling and not driving it much.

·
Administrator
21,622 Posts
maybe the sensor had frost on it... With electronics I think you could spend a lifetime chasing cold start gremlins.

If there isnt a CEL on, or a code, the dealer is useless.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The dealer says they finally solved it. They said on start-up the module (which I don't know) wasn't getting a signal from one of the yaw-pitch-roll type sensors. They reset the module that has the sensor in it and have not gotten the error message since. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

·
Administrator
21,622 Posts
these electronic trucks follow zero logic :rofl: get your extended warranties paid boys!

I appreciate all you guys posting the resolutions here... it will help down the road for sure.

If you can get the print out from the service with the mechanics notes that would be cool too.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
After a total of 3 dealer visits and 20 total days without my truck, I think they've finally truly fixed it this time. They had to replace the restraint module, which is located on the tranny tunnel under the center console. I've had it back a week and not seen the error message. Previously it was a daily occurrence.

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
That is good. Mine hasn’t done it anymore other then that 1 time a few months back

·
Registered
145 Posts
Mine did this the other day, drove about 12 miles to town, could not get either cruise control to work. Went in and had breakfast and the truck was fine after that. I did tap on the sensor box in the front bumper before I started it, don't know if it helped or not. It was a cool morning around 30 degrees, there was no frost my truck was in my shop. I googled searched the problem and it seems pretty common on f150s.

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Just brought my truck in for this issue on Friday. Dealership thinks it’s because I put a leveling kit on my truck and the sensor needs to be realigned. Too bad it’s an intermittent issue and happened before I installed my leveling kit and after.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
After a total of 3 dealer visits and 20 total days without my truck, I think they've finally truly fixed it this time. They had to replace the restraint module, which is located on the tranny tunnel under the center console. I've had it back a week and not seen the error message. Previously it was a daily occurrence.
I have not had a reoccurrence since they replaced the module. I've added a leveling kit since then, it had no affect on any of the electronics.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I had this issue pop up from time to time, maybe every 1500 kms or so. I had a whole series of alarms come in with this. Adaptive cruise unavailable, service advance trac, pre collision assist unavailable, hill start assist unavailable, hill decent control fault, and would not let me take it out of adaptive cruise mode into manual mode until i restart the truck. I have a 4" lift and they did a recalibration on the system and has been good since (almost 2000kms). I was also told that this is sometimes seen with a loose pitman arm so that something else to check.

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Dealership replaced my entire “black box” in the front of the bumper and I was good for a couple of weeks. The other day, I had the same message reappear. I’m booked in for the new year.

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Update on the situation: brought my truck in today and it’s throwing the same code as before. Ford’s recommended course of action for said code is to change the adaptive cruise control assembly which they’ve already done once. They’ve sent a request to Ford for direction.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Update to my issue with the warning, if I use the remote start and I get in the truck and press the start button, the warning comes up. Shut the truck off and restart and everything is fine. My collision avoidance not available comes up only if I use the remote start. Anyone else notice this with their truck?

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Update to my issue with the warning, if I use the remote start and I get in the truck and press the start button, the warning comes up. Shut the truck off and restart and everything is fine. My collision avoidance not available comes up only if I use the remote start. Anyone else notice this with their truck?
Mine is the same. As long as I restart the engine, it seems to work. However, the code is stored and was accessed by the local dealership even though I pressed the “ok” button to acknowledge it not working and even after numerous engine shutdown and restarts. Guess I’ll find out what’s wrong tomorrow or Wednesday and see which part they throw at it next.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts