Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
K guys im new to living in the cold, Im in flagstaff now. What do I need to do to get my baby to start up?

I already know I need to cycle the glow plugs a few times. I wont be able to plug the truck in.

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
bump bump bump

·
powerstrokin
2,857 Posts
You should be fine with that, Im in Fort Collins, CO and didn't have too much trouble. I could plug mine in most of the time, but when I couldn't I just made sure I left plenty of time for the truck to warm up. I high idle setting is always nice to speed things up.
On a side note..
Im having trouble starting my truck now, but I think the batteries or the electrical system is messed up, its just not cranking fast enough every now and then. Had batteries tested at checkers where I bought them and they told me they were good, then found out alternator was only putting out 12.x volts, so replaced that but still having trouble some days. So maybe batteries got screwed up with bad alternator and are wasted now.

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
K guys im new to living in the cold, Im in flagstaff now. What do I need to do to get my baby to start up?

I already know I need to cycle the glow plugs a few times. I wont be able to plug the truck in.
Fuel Additive. The White bottle is what you want, anti-gel. Keep it over at least 1/4 tank always, and cycling the glowplugs 3-5 times depending on the cold is good. Long as you have good batteries, you should be fine.

·
Powerstroke Junkie
8,308 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
its recommend by ford in weather under 30 degrees to use 10w30 (make sure its diesel rated) if you wont be able to plug in this will help ease the starting

1 - 6 of 6 Posts