Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I AM NEW TO THE DIESEL WORLD. IF THERE IS A PREVIOUS THREAD ABOUT THIS ISSUE PLEASE LET ME KNOW. I HAVE LOOKED AN FOUND SIMILAR BUT NOT QUITE WHAT I HAVE BEEN EXPERENCING.

Hello my name is matt,
I have a 2006 F250 6.0 FX4 short bed crew cab with 158,000 . Since I have bought the truck it has always ran rough on a start after sitting for more then 6 hr. This does not bother me as I have always allowed my vehicles to warm up for about 5 to 10 min anyways (even though I live in az). Anyways what started happening to me a few months ago was what started to trouble me. I started noticing a stutter or alot of engine vibration at 55 to 65 mph. I know it was not the suspention because it only happend at an idle and at acceleration. Anyways I did my basic matinance angain (fuel filter, air, oild, trans flush, etc) I also added a fuel injector lube / cleaner that was recomended to be by a friend who has a 04 7.3. Anyways after it was all said and done my freeway stutter has reduced by anout 80% and the truck seems to warm up faster run smoother and get alot better milage. Although now (it seems like) every other time I come to a rolling stop at idle, The engine gets shifty, stutters just a little like it wants to die. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
4,222 Posts
What was the product you used? Was it an oil teatment like rev-x or a fuel treatment?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts