Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
I bought an S&B CAI and really like it but after reading I wish I would have done the napa DIY filter and saved some money lol. Somebody will pipe in and give you a part number soon and maybe show you the setup. Theres a lot of guys that just went with the napa filter and are very pleased

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
and there he is haha raul is the reason I bought the SB and as i said am very happy with it. He knows his stuff

·
Registered
275 Posts
I just did the napa 6637 filter on mine. You just need the filter, a section of 4" exhaust pipe, and a hose clamp. Plus it can be done for less than $50 bucks.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Raul, are the filters on the stealth intake reusable. is it a 24 hour process to clean?

when using the napa filter, i asume you discard the old and buy a new one?

are the napa filters reusable?

·
Premium Member
9,475 Posts
Raul, are the filters on the stealth intake reusable. is it a 24 hour process to clean?

when using the napa filter, i asume you discard the old and buy a new one?

are the napa filters reusable?
The S & B as well as many other brands of aftermarket filters are washable and re-usable. The 6637 (DIY) is disposable. Last I checked the 6637 style filters were around $30'ish a piece, give or take. Don't quote me on that though. You might find better or worse prices on them.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I <3 My afe.

·
Powerstroke Junkie
8,308 Posts
I have the FORD AIS and I love it, my UOA's prove it is a excellent filter as my silcon levels are usually below 5, plus it flows all the air my truck needs and looks 100% factory under the hood.

NCH

·
OperationSmile.org
2,011 Posts
S&B all the way. I had the DIY Napa filter setup and chucked it in the trash pretty quick. The S&B kit is awersome and comes at a good price.

·
Registered
66 Posts
napa filter setup from riffraft on mine

Here is a picture of my intake...

My first mod, I think it was less than $80 bucks shipped to my door....Like the filter sock for extra protection :) Came with everything and takes about 10 minutes to put on.....

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
I found that using the shortest piece of 4" tubing that will work helped to keep the filter and intake tubes lying flat.

·
Registered
16 Posts
You can also get a conical AFE filter from summitrcing.com PN/ AFE-21-40035. It is washable and oiless. I used that filter and then got some mandral bent polished aluminum and made my own. however i dont have the bracket for the crank breather anymore so my tubing goes straight into the turbo!!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts