Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
PMR = JUNK
11,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any way to convert the leaf spring front suspension to the newer coil spring? I imagine it rides a lot better.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I heard there was a coverision available for 04' and older with leafs in the front but not sure where to get one. I was also wanting one as well . I can't imagine it would be to har to upgrade.

·
PMR = JUNK
11,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
fabtech and skyjacker both make kits... price starts at 3kplus for the conversion....

i have also seen people grab a 05+ newer front axle with all the susp parts.... its fairly easy to do the install
3 grand is a bit more than id wanna spend. Does the 05 axle bolt right up? and if i were to do this, what about lifting it? just get a lift for an 05 up?

·
Premium Member
20,358 Posts
3 grand is a bit more than id wanna spend. Does the 05 axle bolt right up? and if i were to do this, what about lifting it? just get a lift for an 05 up?
well you would need all the brackets. best thing to do is just take the whole front end. not sure how much that would cost but by the time you get everything you might be at the same cost than what it would be to get a kit.... oh the kits come with either a 6" lift or 8" lift... so its not just a conversion

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
223 Posts
the fabtech and skyjacker kit arent just coil spring conversions they are coilover. You would get really good shocks out of the deal too.

·
Registered
8,710 Posts
Best conversion kit seems to be the Full Traction.
If you don't want to spend $$$ I would suggest replacing your lift parts with new Icon parts and Bilsteins..it will ride much better than the Pro comp which are know for ridding hard and $$ wise won't be to bad.

Cary

1 - 7 of 7 Posts