Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone converted an 05 (or earlier I guess) Excursion over to the 05+ coil spring front suspension that the 05+ Superduties came with? I assume you would need to pick up some 05+ axles as well as the other suspension parts. Was just curious how hard it would be. Cause a nice clean 4-linked Excusrion with a Cummins Diesel Conversion sure would be nice.

·
Premium Member
4,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Registered
8,710 Posts
I have a set of '09 axles that I will be putting on my '04 Ex using a combo of parts..My modded rear B codes and front 4.5" Icon coils with Pure performance's 4 links..Don't know if I will reuse my #7100RR's in front or not.

Cary

·
Premium Member
4,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sweet, my wheels have been turning lately. That usually gets expensive LOL

·
KING of BLING!
1,630 Posts
It wouldn't be any different than converting a 99-04 sd. About the only difference is the gas tank and rear driveshaft.

·
Premium Member
4,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Things that may you say hhhmmmmmmmm!!!

·
Vendor
1,594 Posts
Great news, you thinking is bound to get somebody in trouble! We have plans to build a bolt on 4-link kit using the stock 99-04 axles and 05-10 coils (meaning you could use anyones set of coils including stock). Its a bit out, as Im trying to get a decent inventory built up to get my turn around times down. Aswell as a new building so I can do my own powdercoating, tired of the flaky local companies that couldnt give two sheets about deadlines!

·
Premium Member
4,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sweet!!! Glad to hear the news about powdercoat!!!

·
Premium Member
4,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah dude, that would be pretty damn sweet. You got a project we should know about??
If I could find a clean, single color Excursion (cant stand two tones), with a V10 or a blown motor, I would really think hard about putting the truck back to stock, selling it and swapping everything over to the Excursion. Along with the Cummins swap of course!!

·
Premium Member
4,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Great news, you thinking is bound to get somebody in trouble! We have plans to build a bolt on 4-link kit using the stock 99-04 axles and 05-10 coils (meaning you could use anyones set of coils including stock). Its a bit out, as Im trying to get a decent inventory built up to get my turn around times down. Aswell as a new building so I can do my own powdercoating, tired of the flaky local companies that couldnt give two sheets about deadlines!
I rather do 05+ axles. Wider and bigger brakes.

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
I hope that comes out soon and at a decent price. Been wanting a coil setup, but didn't want to part with my Dynatrac or SSBC parts.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
I believe that full traction makes a kit that does that already. I've seen it on a few trucks out there. Pretty sweet kit actually.

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
It's a 4 link with 4.5-8 in of lift. I would love to go that route, but I'm not gonna get away with much more than a leveling kit at the moment. A basically stock 05 setup with slightly longer coils would be almost perfect.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts