Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone ever added a 2" spacer (leveling kit) to a 6" lift kit?

I would assume it would be the same from 05+ so if you have had succes with anything from 05 up LMK...or failure....lol

·
Premium Member
626 Posts
I know Donahoe (Icon) has an upgrade for their 4.5" to make it a 7" with coil spacers in the front and new rear springs. So at least one manufacturer has added a coil spacer to an existing lift. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.:bump:

·
Registered
345 Posts
were do you get those coil spacers

·
Premium Member
626 Posts
Google Donahoe Racing or Icon Vehicle Dynamics and search their Super Duty lifts.. If you are on the East Coast then I think KLM performance is the east coast distributor. I not sure but I think that kit is on available for up to 07's because the haven't developed the rear springs but everyrthing else should work.

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thats some help....thanks.

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I dont need someone to sell me a spacer.

I am asking if anyone has has success or failure installing one on top of a 6" lift.

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thats what I thought.....I only personally know of one person that has done it and he took them back off cause it drove like crap!

But theory tells me that you should be able to do it.

I mean you can install spacers on stock stuff and be good...you would "think" that after installing a 6" lift with the proper stuff to get you back to factory specs that you could install the spacers in top and roll with it....but I guess not.

THANKS!

·
Registered
223 Posts
i know a guy on here who threw spacers on his 6" springs and he said it rode like crap (oversprung) . He ended up switching out for a new coil . Those donahoe spacers are way overpriced anyways i would just get new coils for what its worth

·
Banned
3,433 Posts
Pahrump - No prob...hope I helped

I've learned the hard way....sometimes THEORY'S are exactly that ....a theory....lol

jjames25 - Yeah..the DR/Icon spacers are pricey,...I know a small company that makes them out of billet,....for wayyyyy$48shippedyyyyyyyy cheaper than you can imagine...lol

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I picked up a new set of Top Guns Customz spacers along with a 2" LONG Deaver add a leaf...for $120 total....both parts never installed....I was going to install that on top of my Pro Comp 6" but I am starting to think it will be more trouble than its worth.

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
I put 2" coil spacers on top of a 6" Fabtech lift. Yes, then I added 2 degree cams. Just need a good alignment shop. I also then had custom 8" coils made and had my I-beams bent, while still using the 2" coil spacers. Truck rides great.

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I put 2" coil spacers on top of a 6" Fabtech lift. Yes, then I added 2 degree cams. Just need a good alignment shop. I also then had custom 8" coils made and had my I-beams bent, while still using the 2" coil spacers. Truck rides great.
I beams bent?

So you are using the drop brackets for your radius arms that came with your 6" kit?

Did you have to do any work to the alignment holes on the arms themselves? A local guy here said he would probably elongate the holes on the arms cause it might need 6-7 degrees to get it aligned.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.