p0284 #8
p0308 # 8 misfire detected
p1335, egr posistin sensor
p042e
p0404
p2263
p246c
p2463
the truck is a 2008 f-250 6.4l, will not start, maybie # 8 injector?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Make sure you check compression also. If someone has an IDS you can use it's super simpe (relative compression) to do - otherwise mechanical gauge or use an amp clamp and look at the peaks (least accurate). We had one pretty much same codes but #5 and it smacked some valves causing low compression.

EGR might be bad valve or delete??? Also discovered that these tr4ucks won't even crank if it doesn't like how exhaust temp sensors look with stock tune in it. Hope that helps.

·
Premium Member
5,700 Posts
the very first thing to do is a manual compression test

#8 is the bad hole to have a misfire on and it probably burned up the DOC/DPF also

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
can you explain how to do a compression test? i orderd a new injector thinking that was it and i just looked at this post. think it could possably be a piston?

·
Registered
28 Posts
If you have an IDS its about a 30 second deal to run relative compression. If not you need to take the glow plugs out and screw in a compression tester. Make sure to replace the feed line if you put that injector in. I would say 50/50 injector vs compression. With what experience I have with these (not a ton), the compression misses CAN clean up when rpm comes up, but injectors feel just dead all the time. Of course, a major problem in the cylinder would too. Good luck.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
:eek:hnoes:hmmm okay could be bad. so i have the misfire code and balance code on #8 it was blowing whiteish blue smoke and smelt like raw fuel when i had the dpf and cat off of the truck. not like raw fuel but not regular exhaust and not burning oil eather just like a half burned fuel smell.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts