Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've had this truck for a couple of years and it's a great truck! 99 F350 four door long bed with the 7.3.

A couple small problems here and there but all in all worth the buy.

So....

Yesterday the "service engine soon" light came on. Didn't notice anything different and thought that I would get it looked into after work today.

On the way to work I all of a sudden, after driving for about 10 minutes, noticed that my truck was struggling. It was like I was running out of gas. Then I got to a red light and when it turned green, my truck was barely able to drive. I was close to work and I parked it asap.

One of my co-workers and I looked at everything and all seemed fine but we did notice the oil was barely at the bottom of the stick. We tried to start the truck but it wouldn't turn over. It would try but wouldn't turn over.

He had a code reader but it wouldn't tell us anything. I then went and put about 2 quarts of oil into it and it started right up. Seemed to be fine. I went and got the oil changed right after work and also went and got the codes. It drives fine but seems to still be struggling over around 50 mph.

Here are the codes:
B1932
C1155
C1145
C1230
C1233
C1237
C1148

I don't have the money to just take it in because I've been fighting for custody of my daughter for a year and I'm literally broke af right now.

Any ideas? I'm pretty handy and have done repairs on this truck and others in the past.

Please help!!!

·
Super Moderator
19,277 Posts
Code meaning - from Welcome to guzzle's Diagnostic Trouble Code list Web Page

B1932 Drvr Air Bag Circuit Open - RCM
C1145 Wheel Speed Sensor RF Input Failure -ABS
C1148 Wheel Speed Sensor RF Coherency Fault -ABS
C1155 Wheel Speed Sensor LF Input Failure -ABS
C1230 Wheel Speed Sensor Rear Center Circuit Fault -ABS
C1233 Wheel Speed Sensor LF Signal Missing - ABS
C1237 Wheel Speed Sensor Rear Signal Missing - ABS

Don't have experience with this - info may help some one who may know more.

·
california deplorable
10,502 Posts
oil being low makes me a bit nervous but...
i have a feeling you need to check over your grounds and poss terminals and with all codes being wheel specific...
check the sensors there over for ground faults etc
but it sounds like a wierd low voltage thing making the pcm freak out to me
or even a harness issue :dunno:
hopefully someone smarter than me will chime in but that is where i would start if it wee my truck

of course i am a 6.0 guy and while i drove a 7.3 that i loved it ...the company folded before the truck became mine largley due to me breaking my back in a fall from a roof and we were too small an operation at the time to handle me being out but...
long story sort riven and loved a 7.3 but never had to spin a wrench on it so...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So yeah, any ideas? My engine loses power and starts to shake around 40-50mph. Starts great. Sounds normal. Does well under 40-50mph.

·
Premium Member
8,298 Posts
So those are all Chassis and Body codes, nothing related to how it runs...

Your symptoms sound more like Fuel Delivery (IF you're using the proper scanner, Generic OBD-II scanners aren't of much use).

Filter? Pump? Clogged Tank Screens? ~ that kind of stuff...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I changed the fuel filter but didn't improve the situation. Definitely feels like there could be an issue with fuel. Wouldn't I have issues at every speed though?

·
Premium Member
8,298 Posts
Well you know you are going to use more fuel at higher rpm so yea, if you have enough of a restriction, the engine might idle and low speed drive just fine, and then as the demand for fuel exceeded the systems ability to supply fuel (say over 50mph) symptoms appear.

The main reason I think fuel delivery in your case it that you don't have engine codes (AGAIN, you need to be using the right scanner and I'm assuming you Are). The fuel delivery is unmonitored by the PCM, it has no idea there's a problem with it so you don't get a code set (when you run out-of-fuel you don't get a code either).

There is a common issue with these little screens in the in-tank pick up that get clogged over time and can give you delivery problems despite having a good pump and new filter too.

-> Welcome to guzzle's In-tank Hutch Mod Web Page

-> Last 2 mins. ->

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you! Going to pump the 30+ gallons of fuel out of the tank and then drop it so I can check those screens out!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts