·
Registered
3,802 Posts
Use the programmer to clear the DTC's

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok.....14k on the truck....12k with KEM....never ever a prob....i did get the flashpaq to clear the dtc....i unplugged the batts and reflashed the 100hp KEM program....mods are, KEM/delete pipe, mbrp, & AFE w torque tube....

i'm thinkin an egr prob as well....where's the egr...can i yank it....or do i gotta reinstall the dpf and return to stock and take it in

·
Let's Run'em
17,845 Posts
ok.....14k on the truck....12k with KEM....never ever a prob....i did get the flashpaq to clear the dtc....i unplugged the batts and reflashed the 100hp KEM program....mods are, KEM/delete pipe, mbrp, & AFE w torque tube....

i'm thinkin an egr prob as well....where's the egr...can i yank it....or do i gotta reinstall the dpf and return to stock and take it in
I'll be honest with you, I tell most guys to wait 5K before you seriously start to mod the truck, because anything major will show its ugly head with in that time so 2K miles I think you jumped the gun, but there is nothing that can be done now......so before I tell you to take it your dealer, what kind of relationship do you have with them? Also there isn't a EGR delete tune yet either, so you might be up a creek.....but it might depend on your dealer :nod:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i have a great relationship with the VP of service at my dealership....gonna drive it and see if it comes back....if so, i'm gonna go talk with him and see what we can do....how important is the egr anyway...used to we just blocked em off

·
Let's Run'em
17,845 Posts
i have a great relationship with the VP of service at my dealership....gonna drive it and see if it comes back....if so, i'm gonna go talk with him and see what we can do....how important is the egr anyway...used to we just blocked em off
Well good, I would be up front with him and tell him that you have removed the DPF and regen, but it has nothing to do with EGR, in fact with the DPF off you shouldn't have to worry about the EGR as much, however you do need to run the EGR, to remove it also takes some custom programming, its not a simple block off like in the past.....I know Spartan is working on it, but last I heard its not streetable

1 - 9 of 9 Posts