Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2005 f250 with 6.0 diesel.will crank and run for 5 seconds.checked for codes and have p2614 in memory.if you touch accelerator pedal and hold above 900 rpm,will run fine until you let off throttle rpm drops below 850,vehicle shuts off.you can start vehicle again but you have to get the throttle in the sweet spot to run.when looking at pids,have rpm 160 icp 1800 psi.no pulse width.checked harness from cmp sensor to pcm and from pcm to ficm--everything ok.ckp sensor and cmp sensor were replaced .pcm and ficm were replaced with known good ones.tried unhooking coolant fan and glow plug harness.tried unhooking both alternators and nothing changed.is there anything common or possible causes?

ps when vehicle is running and not touching throttle,I have sync and ficm sync.when vehicle shuts off,ficm sync changes to "no" and vehicle shuts off

Please help??????

·
Registered
4,222 Posts
Cam sensor code for intermittant loss of signal, since you have changed sensors and still have problems I would suspect a connector issue a loose pin perhaps.

when you loose sync it will quit running. Since you have changed everything it's the only thing left common to the origional condition.

·
Registered
4,914 Posts
You should check fuel pressure. Are you using motorcraft filters and caps, have you changed those sensors because of this problem or another?

Sent from my phone that somebody didn't help me get.

·
Registered
4,222 Posts
The only other thing I can think of left would be an internal pcm poblem but you have changed that out as well. There is one other thing but extremely rare is a loose cam shaft pin that sometimes shifts position breaking signal throwing cam and crank to go out of sync. Like I said extremely rare.

You have changed sensors checked wireing and changed both pcm and ficm with same results so it has to be something common that you havent changed that is not jiveing.

Can your scanner do a live data and data log with the cam and cko sensors in gaph mode?

·
Registered
4,914 Posts
Op, did this problem happen suddenly or got worse over time? Are you sure you are reading actual icp and not desired? Not questioning your intelligence, btw.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
cs states problem of not idling was occuring for last month or so before bringing to us (problem of having to keep throttle in over 900 rpms to keep running).We went to bring in shop and would not even start.Of all the work we have done till now,got it back to original concern.Customer did also state seemed to be harder to start since beginning of problem occuring

·
Registered
4,914 Posts
Check for combustion gasses in the secondary fuel filter housing.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I know this is an old post, but did you ever figure out what the problem was? I have a buddy 05 F-250 doing the exact same thing, with the same symptoms.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Bump... Any help would be appreciated guys! TIA.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts