Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
used tranny

I purchased a used tranny for my 2008 f250 6.4 and installed it. when I went to start the truck for the first time my 4x4low light was flashing. I then took it out for a test drive and all was good besides the 4x4 low light flashing. then I turned off the truck and looked at the plugs on the transfer case to make sure they were plugged in then I restarted it and took it out for second trip around the section. This time the truck was surging by about 200 rpm and the trans temp went up by 15 degrees so I pushed the tow haul and noticed the it was flashing as well. so I stopped and checked the oil and it was full. restarted the truck and push the tow button and it has stopped flashing and the truck ran great for 60 miles. then when I got home I shut the truck off and restarted it and the tow haul light started flashing so I took it out on the road and it was surging once more. this has happened to me on and off and I checked all connections and all are tight and the temp gauge don't move it stays about 174 on the dash and my programmer. it surging in all gears Any ideas would be great

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I just had a new trans installed and I am now getting codes p0720 and p215b I can reset them and it shifts fine and runs great then I will stop and go at a stop sign and it will pop these codes. Any help would be great.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well changed out both input and output sensors and still the same issues. It pops the code every time am pulling a trailer and only now and then when it is unloaded

·
Premium Member
1,187 Posts
There are a handful of different issues that can result in the P0720 code, including:

Malfunctioning output speed sensor,Malfunctioning input speed sensor
Damaged or corroded wires, or loose connectors,Contaminated or low transmission fluid
Faulty engine drivability sensors,Malfunctioning shift solenoids
In very rare cases, a defective PCM

Causes for this P215B code may include:
Incorrect final drive gear ratio (differential ring gear and pinion) Excessive metallic debris on vehicle (output)/output shaft speed sensor magnet Defective vehicle (output)/output shaft speed sensor Transmission slippage Cut or damaged wiring or connectors Broken, damaged, or worn reluctor ring teeth Faulty PCM or PCM programming error

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Sounds like you bought a fubarred Trans. Read codes?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Administrator
21,736 Posts

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Yeah. Realized after I️ replied,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1 - 10 of 10 Posts