Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone done this officially? i mean, drawn up a charter and so forth. are there any tax advantages? any advantages?
i'm the kind of guy that figures the less folks know, the better off i am.

your experience appreciated

·
Registered
4,206 Posts
there is a local company that does this for wvo. i would imagien tehy get a biofuel incentive of osme sort.

i know if you produce biodiesel and get the proper paperwork, you can get 50c a gallon from the gov't. there also tax incetive out there for property that biodiesel is produced on, one for personal (about 2500 i think?) and one for corporate (up to 50,000). so there is stuff out ther but i would imagine its very beurocratic and difficult to work through. the fuel has to be ASTM standard as well.

·
Registered
424 Posts
There was a VO coop in my county but they went under. Nobody knows why. Their website is now down. When open they charged $250/year for dues and you get 50 gal per month AND were required to provide sweat equity, whether sweeping the floors etc. I tried in vain to join just as things were starting to get funky there, but as an outsider nobody knew. Good thing I didn't because my dues would have been forfeited. I'm much happier doing everything myself.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the replies.
might have to talk with the cpa bout the tax stuff. who knows, mabey we'll get to apply for stimulus funds and go bankrupt.

·
Registered
4,206 Posts
i wonder if you can pre-apply for the stim. get your business started that way...

·
Premium Member
17,255 Posts
Sure let me pay for your bankrupcy.

·
Premium Member
2,769 Posts
DC is the LAST people I would want to know that I'm producing fuel of any kind. What few benes you might recieve initially, will turn in to intervention at some point. You know how well they do things, like medical, autos, banking, bailouts..........well you get the picture. I would think that free fuel, and a .50/mile deduction sounds pretty good.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yea, kinda thinking im gonna keep this between you , me, and the keg if ya know what i mean.

·
WNY Biodiesel Co-op
915 Posts
I started the WNY Biodiesel Co-op 4 years ago. We are a small group that produce about 300 gals/ month. All the bureaucratic BS involved is not worth the hassle or incentive. We had a CPA and a lawyer look into all the paperwork etc. We would be lucky to break even. I don't need any government agency snooping around to see what I'm doing and find some way to screw with us and shut us down. My 2 cents:dunno:

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ive decided to keep it a hobby and only make fuel additive. if the other fellas want to do anything different, best of luck. if nothing else i'll help them with oil. i dont want to have to go through andother P and L every quarter.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts