Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well today i was going to the old family farm to pick up an old hay wagon my uncle wanted out(farm is about a hour away) i was probably not 1/2 miles away and i had stoped to get a drink at a gas station and went inside and came back out and hit the clutch and it fell to the floor:(. and stayed. so me and my dad were snooping arround it and it was leaking Dot 3 brake fluid? maby? so we went inside and put some more in it and it had pressure but it wasnt working. this happend before-same situation, and the guy that worked on it said it was the clutch rod. anybody else had this problem, any way to permantly fix it?

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
oh it happend back in dec.
this happend this afternoon
we had to drive it back w/ no clutch.

·
Registered
3,203 Posts
time for a master and new slave...

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well we got the wagon in tonite, i will have to post a pic. but has anyone else had these symptoms?

·
Registered
206 Posts
i had this problem with the 93 my slave cylinder had a pin hole leak and it just went dead had to order a new one at napa then install and as good as new
hope this helps

·
Registered
5,008 Posts
just replace the slave cylinder. prety simple fix.

·
Registered
11 Posts
if you replace it it should last a very long time like 100-200k miles but i would use a ford oem slave ive had issues with some of the aftermarket stuff failing

·
Registered
5,008 Posts
well if i replace the slave cylender will this happen in another 4 months?
get a new oem one. the after market and rebuilt ones will usualy fail in short order.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts