Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1995 F350 Dually with 118K on it. I have been towing a 50 ft 3 car hauler for the last month and a half and have experienced no problems with it. The truck is completely stock, but I am installing a DIY intake and a Farmboy Diesel exhaust and downpipe this weekend.

Just recently I started hearing a clunking sound coming from the transmission area. Sometimes I will hear it when pushing in the clutch or just letting off the gas pedal. I occasionally hear some transmission noise on the interestate too.

I also own a 1996 F250 that I recently replaced the clutch master and clutch slave cylinder and fixed the pedal bushing. When I bought my F350, the clutch master and clutch slave look to be recently replaced also, and the clutch pedal bushing was fixed on it too. The clutch pedal in my dually is 10X stiffer than the pedal in my F250. The F250 catches tightly and low to the floor, but my dually catches very high at the top of the pedal. The dually clutch has never slipped, but I am worried that either the flywheel or clutch is going out.

Since the pedal pressure is too high, do I have a hydraulic issue or does my clutch and flywheel need to be replaced.

If so, what clutch do you recommend. I will be adding a TW or DP tuner and a set of stage I's, an intecooler, and possibly a D66 in the future. The truck is an everyday driver, plus it spends about 50% time towing 5-8K and I also tow very heavy with the 50 Ft 3 car hauler.

Sorry for such a long post - Thanks.

·
Registered
60 Posts
hey does it have a duall mass flywheel? they make that sound when they start to go out. and the stiffnes in the pedal is the throw out bearing shaft, if u run some fine sand paper on it and lube it it will travel much smother. Iv replaced so many of those flywheels, if u dont know if its a duall mass, pull the dust cover, and if u see springs in the front its a duall mass

1 - 2 of 2 Posts