Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so the clutch in my truck has been stiff but seems to work great. Well yesterday and today it is making a popping noise when I let the clutch out. It does it through all gears. Also if at a light it seems to be hard to get it into gear from a stand still. What would cause this? Throw out bearing? Clutch master? Or is this something else?:dunno:

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It could be a couple things, but I would bet on it being a pressure plate issue.
Dont tell me that.:(

My truck makes my living so I cant afford to be down.

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
if it isnt causing you any problems other then a popping noise and sometimes hard to put into gear from a stand still then i wouldn't worry about it.

my little ranger is hard to put into 1st sometimes. I go to 2nd slip it a little and then throw it into 1st. never had a problem with that.

whenever you get some time to be down for a little bit then i would fix whatever needs fixing.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Dont tell me that.:(

My truck makes my living so I cant afford to be down.
Sorry man. Don't want to be giving you any bad news!

My 02' started making a clicking noise about a year ago and it had a real stiff clutch. Every once in awhile I would get a loud band while shifting and I would have a real hard time shifting in and out of gear. It lasted a good 20K like that until I had the time to drop the trans. About 10 peices of the pressure plate came out and one finger was bent a good 1/4 toward the throw out bearing. Couldn't beleive the plate lasted that long with that much destruction

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry man. Don't want to be giving you any bad news!

My 02' started making a clicking noise about a year ago and it had a real stiff clutch. Every once in awhile I would get a loud band while shifting and I would have a real hard time shifting in and out of gear. It lasted a good 20K like that until I had the time to drop the trans. About 10 peices of the pressure plate came out and one finger was bent a good 1/4 toward the throw out bearing. Couldn't beleive the plate lasted that long with that much destruction
Well I might aswell throw a whole clutch kit in it!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts