Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2009 f-350 6.4 clutch fan always on loud fan noise. I can turn the fan by hand, fan is not lock up. I disconnected the wire harness for the fan and I started it, the fan stay on about 5-10 second after no fan noise. I know its not the fan clutch it’s ok. I have a code P0337 crankshaft position sensor a circuit low input I erased three time but code P0337 keep reading out. Can anyone help! Thanks you!

·
Premium Member
8,416 Posts
Use your monitor (preferably ForScan) to look at the temp sensors (engine and transmission) -- when cold, they need to be not more than a couple degrees apart
That code can be set when the cranking voltage drops too low -- need to check while cranking, you should not see below 10 volts

With the fan disconnected, do you still get the P0337 code?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Use your monitor (preferably ForScan) to look at the temp sensors (engine and transmission) -- when cold, they need to be not more than a couple degrees apart
That code can be set when the cranking voltage drops too low -- need to check while cranking, you should not see below 10 volts

I do the scanning. I didn’t scan with fan disconnected I’ll try that. I’ll keep you posted Thank u!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I do the scanning. I didn’t scan with fan disconnected I’ll try that. I’ll keep you posted Thank u!

I disconnected the fan still got P0337. I can’t do engine temp. And trans. Temp can’t scan it does support it I have cheap tool.

·
Premium Member
8,416 Posts
Do a search on my recent posts and find the ForScan info -- that will get you a good tool for not much money

·
Premium Member
8,416 Posts
Maybe your search foo is weak ;) , but here is the info:

I suggest downloading ForScan and using the OBDLink MX+ or the BAFX adapter for troubleshooting
Torque Pro would be good for everyday use with an old phone or tablet -- can be mounted on the dash
Scan Gauge is small and simple -- can be mounted in front of the instrument cluster
there are other monitor solutions, but the price goes higher

ForScan is a simple download for PC, you can get it in just a few minutes -- the "lite" version is available on the app stores for your device.
There is a "demo" in the app options, so you can use the app without being connected, to get familiar with the screens
The BAFX adapter is the least expensive and a reliable adapter -- the MX+ is smaller, faster and more features

The PC version is the most powerful and does the "click test" and other tests
you do not need the license for troubleshooting

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Maybe your search foo is weak ;) , but here is the info:

I suggest downloading ForScan and using the OBDLink MX+ or the BAFX adapter for troubleshooting
Torque Pro would be good for everyday use with an old phone or tablet -- can be mounted on the dash
Scan Gauge is small and simple -- can be mounted in front of the instrument cluster
there are other monitor solutions, but the price goes higher

ForScan is a simple download for PC, you can get it in just a few minutes -- the "lite" version is available on the app stores for your device.
There is a "demo" in the app options, so you can use the app without being connected, to get familiar with the screens
The BAFX adapter is the least expensive and a reliable adapter -- the MX+ is smaller, faster and more features

The PC version is the most powerful and does the "click test" and other tests
you do not need the license for troubleshooting

Hey ur right haha🙂 thanks again for the links have a nice👍🤙😎🇺🇸

1 - 8 of 8 Posts