Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm taking my truck in to have a new clutch installed next week. While they're in there what else should I have them address? Truck has about 220k on it.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Aside from the normal pilot bearing/throwout bearing, have them make sure there isn't any input shaft play on the transmission. Good time to install a larger down pipe if you don't have one yet.

·
spool up that turbo!!
2,008 Posts
2nd the down pipe and replace the clutch arm idk if it's the same in the zf5 but in my zf6 it wore out my throw out bearing twice as fast

iPhone auto correcting incorrectly like a boss

·
Premium Member
23,192 Posts
Single mass flywheel :dunno:

·
Registered
25 Posts
rear main seal and if ur oil pans leaking great time to tackle it when the transmission is out

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys. It's already got the downpipe, and there's no leaks. The clutch is from Valair and has a SMF attached to it in the box.
How hard is that clutch arm to find? Do you think the shop can find one pretty easy? I don't want to pay them for any more than I have to, especially running down parts.
I asked about a slave cylinder and they told me they could do that while they're in there. Any advice on that?
I really wish I could do this myself, take my time, and make sure it's done right. I just don't have a good place or enough friends with strong backs.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
as far as the slave cylinder goes get the entire assembaly( clutch master cylinder line and slave cylinder) already put together and blead makes life alot easier

·
Registered
25 Posts
yeah defiantly change the slave it could cost you the new clutch if it seizes and get stuck applying the clutch making it slip

·
spool up that turbo!!
2,008 Posts
Should be able to go through any napa or maybe the stealership for the clutch arm

iPhone auto correcting incorrectly like a boss

1 - 9 of 9 Posts