Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will i finaly got the bio going today after a couple hitchs (previous post) So i water washed the first batch and it turns out to be very cloudy. Any suggestion on what to do with this? Can i save it? Thanks in advance :dunno:

·
Premium Member
17,255 Posts
Tell us more details about your exact washing process.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well i i drained the glycirin (spelling) and did the water wash for a hour then shut it down then pump it a round for about fifteen minuits and letting it sit.:dunno:

·
Premium Member
567 Posts
Its no where near dry man. The drying process takes a few hours of heated agitation or spraying. Also wash for one hour probalby isnt enough either. You should be water washing until your wash water is nearly clear/clean. your looking at about 12-24hours for the whole process. There are ways to speed it up but it depends on how well your glycerin was drained and how "crappy" the oil is.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Is it cloudy "orange juice" looking, or is it cloudy "milk shake" like. I just did my first batch; hit it too hard with the initial water and air and very quickly emulsified about 50% of it. After 3 days I have about 50 litres out of my 100 litre batch. I certainly won't rush the next lot!

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Is it cloudy "orange juice" looking, or is it cloudy "milk shake" like. I just did my first batch; hit it too hard with the initial water and air and very quickly emulsified about 50% of it. After 3 days I have about 50 litres out of my 100 litre batch. I certainly won't rush the next lot!
it looks like a milk shake

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Bump:bump:

·
Premium Member
1,824 Posts
Put the glycerin back into the biodiesel mix, and heat it. The water from the emulsion will disolve into the gylcerin, then you can drain it off again. Then be more careful when you are washing.

You guys use the 5% prewash method?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts