Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hows it goin guys? As a lot of you know, the cloth seat covers in our trucks suck and always rip at the seams and the foam deteriorates from our fat butts getting in and out. Every time I got in, this rip was staring me in the face (although not bad, but still bothered me). I searched around here for different options but couldn't find much other than the dealer and the cover was around $200 plus tax and shipping. I ran across another thread where someone had talked about leather seat covers from Richmond Auto Upholstery(vendor on this site) , so i figured I'd PM him and ask what the options were. All I can say is Hansen has been more than helpful!! He asked me to send a pic to him, and once verified that it was repairable, mailed it to him for repair and to make the seam stronger. I shipped him my cover and had a new seat foam sent to him on Tuesday the 11th. He got it the next day I believe and it is repaired, attached to the new seat cushion and on its way back this morning Friday the 14th. I haven't seen it in person yet but the pictures look great and I can't wait to get it back on. Sorry for the rant but I figured I'd share my good experience from a great vendor on this site. Although I'm sure Hansen does massive ammounts of other things, I felt he took my $125 repair job just as seriously as I did. Two thumbs up!! :thumb::thumb: For all you guys who need upholstery work done, i promise its worth giving this guy a shout. Anyway, rant over. On to the pics. (will post up more with it installed and cleaned when I get it in the mail)

How the seat was

Repaired. Once installed and cleaned it should look brand new.

1/4" padding on the drivers side sewn in on the inside to help with longevity

·
Registered
4,914 Posts
Good info, that would drive me nuts too..........if I didn't have KR leather. Hehehe.

Sent from my phone that somebody didn't help me get.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts