Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to start my truck one day and it just clicked so i figured that the starter was junk so i bought a new one and put it on and the same thing happened with the clicking so I had them test both starters and they were both good....SO I thought it might be the solenoid so for the 10bux it cost i threw another one on and then the clicking still continued when i went to crank it......also replaced the 2 relays for the starter.....got power down to the starter with the test light and everything was good there.....Checked my batteries and the Primary(Passenger Side) and it was Good BUT the driver side one was junk and i threw the charger on boost on the primary battery and tried cranking her with nothing but the click...it can be heard clicking on the starter, solenoid, and on the relays....So tomorrow I think im going to go buy 2 new batteries but I dont know if its going to fix anything.....HELPPPPP PLEASEEEEEEEE

·
Registered
6,782 Posts
It could be the bad battery causing your trouble. You could have 12 volts in your system but the bad battery could be taking all of the amps.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I disconnected the bad battery and tried to crank it with the charger on Boost Mode on the battery and still the CLICK

·
Registered
83 Posts
my truck did this same thing this morning, I took it to Ford, so I'll post what's going on with my truck tomorrow when they call me with the info. Hope it can help us both out! I know what your going through, I bought 2 new batteries too, still clicking. Worst thing is, I've had the truck for 3 weeks! 100k miles, 2003 Fx4 crew cab. One owner...

·
Registered
469 Posts
I had the same issue with my last PSD. If you don't have two good batteries, it won't start it. Hope you get it fixed bro.

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
My truck did the exact same thing. Ford took it and replaced the pass. bat. and the alternator. Works fine now. Hope everything works out for ya.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
THANKS GUYS.....I spun over engine by hand so i know it is not locked up......i got caught up today and didnt have time to go get the batteries but tomorrow i will be getting into it...Im still curious what EssexPerformance comes up with at Ford brother lets hope its the batteries

·
Registered
5,534 Posts
mine did that, and the starter was actually not sitting right on the fly wheel. just had to tighten her down right and worked great

1 - 12 of 12 Posts