Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so my 03 didnt come with clearence lights on the top of the cab and i kinda want them has anybody had them put in i do not want to do it myself because i have to desire to mess with the headliner i would just as soon have the pros put them in but didnt know what i was looking at as far as cost

·
Registered
372 Posts
Bump, wish I could help you out but I am wondeirng the same thing. Subscribing because I am way interested!

·
Registered
29 Posts
When i purchased my truck the dealer had to locate it because I would have had to wait 3-4 months to order. That was the only option missing that I wanted. They installed them for $275.00 I don't know if this is a good deal or not, but atleast a guideline price for you. That was supposed to be their cost without a markup for labor since I had just purchased the vehicle and I worked it into the purchase price, but who is to say for sure.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well thanks yea i know i could save alt of money by doing it myself but i dont think i can tackle it myself i am pretty handy but when it comes to wiring i am a fish out of water

·
Premium Member
4,129 Posts
Click on this link and go under Hi-Five Cab Roof Lights. These are the actual Ford bases (not dodge) Pacer High Performance

You can get amber, smoke, clear, lens's regular or LED bulbs. Nice kits NOT 100 bucks.

I have some of them in stock, but not all of them.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OK WHATS THE AVAILABILITY ON THE AMBER HIGH FIVE KIT AND DO YOU HAVE IT IN STOCK THAT LOOKS LIKE WHAT I NEED

·
Registered
53 Posts
I did it myself. :thumb: Took about 4 hrs. Really not that big a deal. I bought the wiring harness and lights from Ford for about $130. Didn't want to make my own harness because the factory one comes with the connectors for the overhead console and vanity mirrors. The dealership I use doesn't do it. They have a third party come out and it costs $500! It just ain't worth paying someone 5 tanks of fuel so....

One piece of advice, if you decide to go the DIY route and buy the parts from Ford, DON'T buy the nuts for the lights from the dealer. They're something like $2.30 apiece! :crazy: Go to Home Depot or something.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ALRIGHTY WELL I WILL DEF KEEP THAT IN MIND DOES ANYBODY KNOW OF A GOOD WRITE UP ON HERE I DIDNT FIND ONE

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
53 Posts
well thanks yea i know i could save alt of money by doing it myself but i dont think i can tackle it myself i am pretty handy but when it comes to wiring i am a fish out of water
It's really not that bad. I don't wanna say 'plug and play' because it ain't but after you get everything out of the way and drill holes, pretty much all that's left is plugging it in.

·
Premium Member
4,129 Posts
The amber lens with amber bulbs $57.29

Provides Maximum Visibility
Meets S.A.E. specifications
Complete Wire Harness with Quick Wire Connectors
All Necessary Hardware & lIlustrated Installation Instructions

Amber Lens with Amber LED bulbs $91.96

Provides Maximum Visibility
Meets S.A.E. specifications
Complete Wire Harness with Quick Wire Connectors
All Necessary Hardware & lIlustrated Installation Instructions

those prices are both retail. We can do better.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
HOW LONG ARE YOU THINKING IT WOULD TAKE FOR ME TO GET THEM??

·
Registered
53 Posts
ALRIGHTY WELL I WILL DEF KEEP THAT IN MIND DOES ANYBODY KNOW OF A GOOD WRITE UP ON HERE I DIDNT FIND ONE
I couldn't find one either but I wanted to do it anyway so...
I'd be happy to help a fellow PSD owner, if you feel like tackling it.
214-869-9756 mobile

1 - 16 of 16 Posts