Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I bought aftermarket clearance lights that go to a switch, but I want them to come on with factory headlights with the headlight switch, what wire would I tap it into? I’ve found some other write ups saying a brown wire but those have all been on 7.3s would it be the same on an 05 6.0

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
I bought aftermarket clearance lights that go to a switch, but I want them to come on with factory headlights with the headlight switch, what wire would I tap it into? I’ve found some other write ups saying a brown wire but those have all been on 7.3s would it be the same on an 05 6.0
I believe the running lights tap into the purple wire at the switch.
I'll see if I can find the diagram and report back.

Sent from my Redmi Note 9 Pro using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I believe the running lights tap into the purple wire at the switch.
I'll see if I can find the diagram and report back.

I appreciate it man, I’m a complete novice to this stuff. 5 clearance lights won’t be too much draw from there right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
11,815 Posts
Probably not, but it's safer to use a relay triggered by the power wire from the running lights.

Reactions: Hydro

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
I appreciate it man, I’m a complete novice to this stuff. 5 clearance lights won’t be too much draw from there right?

Sorry, it's the brown wire for parking lights. I'm not 100% but I believe the factory cab bumps come off that wire. If you didn't get incandescent bulbs, then you'll be fine w/o a relay. If you got incandescent bulbs, then use a relay that's positive triggered by the brown wire.

·
Premium Member
10,277 Posts
Buy the harness from Ford, plug it in on the passenger side foot well area. Then measure 6x, drill 1x to mount the lights...LOL

·
Administrator
30,468 Posts
there is a whole write up on placement tips and pass side foot well wire location in googleville

no relay needed for led , I would look at Atomic industries cab lights ,, I have Recon brand now, and they are Junky just like their company

·
Premium Member
10,277 Posts
Atomic has seemed to gone away unless it's just a website issue.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
there is a whole write up on placement tips and pass side foot well wire location in googleville

no relay needed for led , I would look at Atomic industries cab lights ,, I have Recon brand now, and they are Junky just like their company
I have found that plug in the pass side footwell would you know what wire I splice out of that I checked with a test light and a couple of them get power, and then I assume I’d ground the lights on the Body, I am attaching a photo what I think is the plug in my hand. I have been googling like nobody’s business and still can’t find a write up of what I am trying to do.

·
Administrator
30,468 Posts
well Atomic does not answer their phone, so I guess they are toast they had the market cornered on that stuff and now ??

I ordered a set of Atomic from Amazon but it will obviously have no warranty

@voodooridr ridr can I get an oem harness part # from you ? 06 crew no sunroof ? please ;-)
the Recon crap uses a junk 194 socket on their harness and gooey electrical tape ,, thats all going in the garbage

·
Premium Member
2,915 Posts
well Atomic does not answer their phone, so I guess they are toast they had the market cornered on that stuff and now ??

I ordered a set of Atomic from Amazon but it will obviously have no warranty

@voodooridr ridr can I get an oem harness part # from you ? 06 crew no sunroof ? please ;-)
the Recon crap uses a junk 194 socket on their harness and gooey electrical tape ,, thats all going in the garbage
Certainly, I'll check on it tomorrow

·
Premium Member
2,915 Posts
Sorry for the time delay, yesterday was a freakin goat rodeo
Your marker light harness is a
1C3Z-15A404-A it's not obsolete but it is on backorder with no release date

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
30,468 Posts
thanks pal I guess I could get one for a sun roof there can not be a lot of difference ?

·
Premium Member
2,915 Posts
Maybe a few extra wires and a different plug?

Reactions: ZMANN

·
Administrator
30,468 Posts
i looked all over for the non sunroof type no luv so I am willing to try the sunroof variant
i think thats the only other choice or maybe I can use a later year if the cab lights are the same ,, I really just need the 5 socket section of any harness that works with the ford cab lights and I can modify from there

·
Premium Member
2,915 Posts
With sunroof is obsolete in every flavor and it's a complete A pillar up harness
The non sunroof harness fits 03-06
07 and up is a 7C3Z-15A404-AA , the light connections should be the same

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 29 Posts