Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any vendors here who sell the clear headlight lenses for a 2000 superduty? If not where's the best place to get them?

·
Super Moderator
31,730 Posts
Ebay. Or order the 05 up units from the dealer. If you go that route though wiring changes need to be made also

·
I am that hot
1,762 Posts
I got 2002 ones from a member on here for a good price, really makes the truck look a ton better.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Got mine off e-bay. 150 bucks- shipped-

·
Registered
8,710 Posts
You never want to use a '05 up housing the bulb they use just suck..The H13 is quite possibly the stupidest design for a bulb ever foisted on the public. The terminals are so small that they overheat, even at stock wattages, and melt the plastic housing of the connectors. Higher than stock wattage bulbs are offered, but not recommended and no harness will fix the problem of to small of terminals.

Use a USA made 12ga harness and Hella 80/100w 4K Kelvin bulbs...fantastic lighting.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You never want to use a '05 up housing the bulb they use just suck..The H13 is quite possibly the stupidest design for a bulb ever foisted on the public. The terminals are so small that they overheat, even at stock wattages, and melt the plastic housing of the connectors. Higher than stock wattage bulbs are offered, but not recommended and no harness will fix the problem of to small of terminals.

Use a USA made 12ga harness and Hella 80/100w 4K Kelvin bulbs...fantastic lighting.
Thanks for the tip. Do you like this set-up better than the HID's?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts