Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Started a thread about this yesterday but didn't get much response so I'm gonna try it again with a link to another forum. They're talking alot about this stuff so I was hoping someone on this site has heard or tried this and had an opinion, good or bad. Supposedly, injector coking is the main cause of injector failure in the 6.0 and this is an oil additive that cleans 'em. :confused:

Hot Shot's Secret Additive Update - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

·
Registered
7 Posts
I ordered some last week. After running Royal Purple for a year and replacing 4 injectors, I am real anxious to try this.

·
Compression Ignition Addict
5,818 Posts
Haven't tried it (no need at this point). I have heard that it works well. Doesn't cure every injector problem, but worth a try if you are out of warranty.

·
Registered
7 Posts
At 195K on my 05 EX I'm long out of warranty. I have been pulling my hair out trying to find a solution to missing and chugging. The dealers keep selling injectors. I would replace one and it would work for 2 or 3 hundred miles then start all over. Finally a tech told me to get rid of the RP. Changed to Delo and the last 2K is much improved. Last trip I got 19.3 mpg on the display.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Good question. All I know is that it seems to like the Delo 400 15-40. I may try a synthetic again some day but for now I will stick with a good 15-40. I am going to try chainging it myself if I can figure out how to get this 66 year old fat body far enough under it to drain the oil. I'll be changing it every 3,000 miles for awhile. Also I will put the Hot Shot's Secret in the next oil change. Just to make sure the injectors are working ok.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts