·
Registered
3,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i tried the ball sucks. Will it make them Shine Dave

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Theres a good chance that the wheels have been clearcoated.
My first choice is paint brush cleaner. If not strong enough ,use acetone based paint stripper.
Remove the coating.
When your down to bare allow...Neverdull cotton wadding...(use nitrile gloves to keep your hands from turning black)
If there is mild pitting in the alloy...use 1000 grit wet sandpaper....hand worked alloy wheels can be made to look great.
If you want to recoat....clean all polish off with acetone and spray with an airbrush...their pretty cheap and spray very fine.

·
Super Moderator
31,733 Posts
No that will clean them to make em shine you would have to use an aluminum polish like the mothers stuff

·
Banned
3,782 Posts
I use ICE Tire & Wheel Cleaner, (I believe it is made by turtle wax), works great.

Crappy IPhone pic: They look better in person.

·
Registered
3,752 Posts
If the clear was off those wheels the ball would work awesome.

·
Premium Member
2,276 Posts
Eagle Alloys?

When I hear Typhoons...I think Welds which are fairly easy to polish, but those aren't Weld Typhoons.

If they are plain polished aluminum try some blue magic metal polish and a cotton buffing head/wheel. It's worked well for me in the past.

·
Registered
3,203 Posts
autosol and a buffer .. the wheels on my 79 F150 are 10 years old and still look awesome

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hey there is a spray cleaner I always use on my wheels.. It is in a Black bottle...Its called Duragloss 951 if i remember right. Has always worked great on mine and my dads M/T classics. Just spray on and let is soak and spray off, no scrubbing or anything. Just an idea

1 - 11 of 11 Posts