Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone had pics of Chrome fuel hostages on a white truck? Im looking to put these on my truck but cant visualize them on the truck.

·
Registered
379 Posts
If you go to the wheel and tire section there is a thread "thinking of 24's". The guy just put some 24" Chrome Hostages on a white 6.0.

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I think I like the looks of them. The wheels I really want are backordered at least 8 weeks so Im looking for other options at this point because I need tires now, and cant wait 8 weeks to switch. Anyone else have any other suggestions on chrome rims that would look good. I would prefer to go black, but I feel it would look bad on my truck since I have painted ALL of the black white on the truck. The only thing that isnt white is the grill and I think Im going to keep it chrome.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Get some BMF's in chrome.

·
Registered
676 Posts
I agree on the BMFs, but I may be a little biased. They're just a simple, clean wheel.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
plus 1 on the BMF, they r of a quality you just don't find these days. nice to buy something from a company that dosent out source to china

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I agree its a good looking wheel, but there are TONS of trucks around me with them including two good friends of mine. I would like something a little different.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
I agree its a good looking wheel, but there are TONS of trucks around me with them including two good friends of mine. I would like something a little different.
nobody around here has them. They sell fuel and XD's at Les Schwabs so everyone and their brother runs those with toyo m/ts. I like the BMF cause they have a nice lip... the fuels have hardly any.....i think however a nice black and machined wheel would look good on your truck......good luck. i know i agonized for weeks, searching the web trying to decide...:icon_ford:

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes name your XD style and you can see 10 of them with toyos going to get a gallon of milk around me. Just about every ford has the BMF's or xd's in colorado. I have noticed that the fuels do have a slightly smaller lip. I think it would all depend on the back spacing you run though? What are people running for back spacing on a leveled truck? Im going to be running 325 hankook dynapros. I have been on the hunt for weeks and finally found the set I wanted, and they are on a national back order for a min of 8 weeks. Someone should design a website that had every 8 lug wheel on it and make this easier for everyone!!!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Heres a look at a white truck with 20" black hostage on 37's... close but not chrome. I like the black look with the white trucks.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I don't know what that guys talking about my 20x10 fuel hostages had almost a 4" lip and my new 22x11's are just about 5" lip. That's pretty much the same as a bmf. I like fuels because no one really has them up here in alaska but the all have rockstars monsters or novikains. Iv only seen one other set of fuels and I own 2 sets

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
that is good to know. Im looking for a set of 9" wide rims so I think it should have a 3" lip or so which is fine for me. What are people running for back spacing on a leveled truck?

·
Registered
676 Posts
My 20x9 bmfs in that pic have 0 offset, 4.5" back spacing and the lip measures to about 3.5" if that gives you a reference point.

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
how far do they stick out on the truck?

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
I don't know what that guys talking about my 20x10 fuel hostages had almost a 4" lip and my new 22x11's are just about 5" lip. That's pretty much the same as a bmf. I like fuels because no one really has them up here in alaska but the all have rockstars monsters or novikains. Iv only seen one other set of fuels and I own 2 sets
that's awesome, perhaps i should clarify my comment......off set being a big factor....however im fairly certain the OP is not discussing 20x10 or 22x11's. he has a non lifted and or leveled truck and those wheels would stick out way to far.....WAY TO FAR...... unless u like that, i was commenting on what i liked , and the 20x8 ...20x9 in the fuels that i have seen have virtually no lip and to me , TO ME,,, i hate that look....looks stock.....but i might not have been looking at all the offsets available.... i do like the hostage other than that though.....if everyone here was running the BMF i would probably have looked at those...

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yes I am leveling my truck and going to run 9" wide rims. 10" wide and larger is way to wide for my liking. Im looking to run a 9" wide and not have them stick out to far of the fenders. What offset/backspacing should I run?

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Yes I am leveling my truck and going to run 9" wide rims. 10" wide and larger is way to wide for my liking. Im looking to run a 9" wide and not have them stick out to far of the fenders. What offset/backspacing should I run?
wish i knew, i ordered mine from PTP and i didnt ask....i asked how far they would stick out and how wide was the lip.....probably close to that other poster, he said zero offset

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks. I guess I will call PTP and touch base with them. Zero offset sounds about right but I really dont want to get the wheels and then not be happy with them because stick out a long ways. Thanks

·
Registered
676 Posts
The 0 offset is the only one that BMF makes the 9'' wide in. I forget what the 10'' is. They don't stick out too far. Mine stick out more than yours would just because I've got 13.50 wides so its hard to judge what just the wheel would do. The front wheel pic is kinda deceiving because of how the fender/bumper is shaped. It doesn't stick out nearly as much as it seems.

\

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
thats not to bad at all. Thanks for the pics. yeah Im just going to be running 12.5 wides so it will look just a little narrower than that. Looks fine to me.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts