Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
Looks like its part of the chrome package to me. Ive seen it before but only on the trucks with the chrome mirror caps and chrome tube steps.

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i have the chrome package, my friend doesnt. thats what i thought was so weird. anyone know if you can buy these?

on a side note, does any one steering wheel peeling? is that under warranty?

·
Premium Member
717 Posts
stroker007 , mine is a 08 with lariat option and has the chrome bezel around the a/c ducts , also depending how many miles you have on the truck i would take the truck in for warranty on the steering wheel !! only if its under 36K miles or something like that they will replace

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
mine has the chrome around the ac ducts, i was refering to the chrome around the actaul buttons you press for the cliimate control.

mine has 70k miles on it, i have extended warranty. but i guess that didnt include that?

·
Registered
51 Posts
I'm pretty sure the chrome detailing started in the '09 model year. I have an '08 Lariat without the chrome like yours, but my buddy had an '09 Lariat with those chrome trim rings. They were also on the radio knobs in the trucks that didn't come with navigation. I don't know what trim they specifically came with (FX4, Lariat, King Ranch, etc.) but when you look at used trucks from '09 up you'll see them there. As far as ordering them my guess is you'd have to order the whole button not just the chrome strip as they look like they are a part of the button. Look up a parts retailer like Tasca Ford and browse through their online database and you might be able to buy the buttons there.

·
Don't you worry about it
8,335 Posts
The chrome started in 09. I wish my 08 had it, it's a nice little touch. I had my steering wheel replaced under my extended warranty due to peeling

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The chrome started in 09. I wish my 08 had it, it's a nice little touch. I had my steering wheel replaced under my extended warranty due to peeling
ok good deal, i have the extended warranty till 100k. so i can get mine replaced? its peeling at the top.

have you ever seen anyone buy the pieces and put them in? wonder if it would be hard

·
Don't you worry about it
8,335 Posts
If its a bumper to bumper warranty you should be able to. I don't see how you could add the chrome without changing the actual radio on climate control because its built on to the buttons.

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yep its bumper to bumper. im gonna call and see what they say.

so it would be to much trouble to try and change these?

·
Don't you worry about it
8,335 Posts
No it would be easy but probably expensive to buy a new climate control and radio.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts