Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fairly new to this whole forums deal so bear with me on this-
I've got a '95 F250 7.3L PSD, bought the truck about a year ago and the past few months it's seemed to be a worsening issue with my engine. Upon start up it kicks to the high idle feature as it's a shade cold out(obviously) but once the engine begins to warm up and it comes back down to standard idle bout 500rpm: it starts to vibrate significantly. It's not a BAD shake but it's almost as if it's not cycling all 8 cylinders properly. I'm 99% certain I've got a injector that's not firing but I haven't had time to pull the VC's and start unplugging. Nor do I have access to a "buzz" test. Anyone have any good giveaways on how else I could confirm a broken/worn/disconnected injector? It does surge at mid RPM's with low load on it too(accelerating in higher gears at 1000-1200rpm)

Any help, advice, opinions, experiences etc are appreciated

Note- the oil was just changed bout 1K miles back, and fuel filter about 500 ago. So my oil and fuel delivery should be ok

·
Registered
646 Posts
Fairly new to this whole forums deal so bear with me on this-
I've got a '95 F250 7.3L PSD, bought the truck about a year ago and the past few months it's seemed to be a worsening issue with my engine. Upon start up it kicks to the high idle feature as it's a shade cold out(obviously) but once the engine begins to warm up and it comes back down to standard idle bout 500rpm: it starts to vibrate significantly. It's not a BAD shake but it's almost as if it's not cycling all 8 cylinders properly. I'm 99% certain I've got a injector that's not firing but I haven't had time to pull the VC's and start unplugging. Nor do I have access to a "buzz" test. Anyone have any good giveaways on how else I could confirm a broken/worn/disconnected injector? It does surge at mid RPM's with low load on it too(accelerating in higher gears at 1000-1200rpm)

Any help, advice, opinions, experiences etc are appreciated

Note- the oil was just changed bout 1K miles back, and fuel filter about 500 ago. So my oil and fuel delivery should be ok
Most external way to test I think would be a laser therometer on the exhaust manifold...see if you can see a significant difference in heat. Possible to find a injector not firing that way.

Also, mine idles above 500rpm for sure.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts