Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, Im new to the site and I have turned to you guys for some help and advise. Im suffering from analysis paralysis when it comes to chossing the right tire size. Currently, my 05 F350 has a 4" SuperLift and I previously had 35/12.5/18 Toyo Open Country M/T's. They measured 35x13.5ish and and where terrible on my truck. The local tire shop failed to mount and balance them right but thats a different topic. I have searched the forums for something like this and came up short so I need some feedback. I want to run a little smaller tire as my 35's rubbed at full lock mounted on Dick Cepek DC1's and wasnt sure what path to go down. I dont want it to look like my current stock wheels with 275/70/18's but I dont wanna sacrafice the MPGs and added weight of 35's. I was thinking more of an all terrain and maybe 305/65's or maybe even 295's. Looking for some feedback as to what you boys are running and maybe some pics. I want it to look good and not show all that wheel well. Any help would be great.

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
You can get the Nitto Trail Grapplers in 295/70-18 which comes out to about 35x11.5 for about $290/tire through Wal-Mart. As a bonus they have a heavy load rating.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I guess my bigger question is how do they look. I don't want them hanging out of the wheel well too far. My toyos threw road junk all down the side of my truck. Any pics

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
Numbers don't lie... its 2 inches narrower than the ones you had.

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
I guess my bigger question is how do they look. I don't want them hanging out of the wheel well too far. My toyos threw road junk all down the side of my truck. Any pics
Look at my public profile. I have 295/70r18 on my 11. They are awesome! And 4k+ lb rating per tire is awesome. They are about 11.5" wide so better for mpg.

Your wheel offset is what controls how far the tire sticks out...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
BIG Laing thats a sweet looking ride and the proportions are right... I have 275/70/18 on stock wheels and they dont look bad but they dont look right. So I'm caught between 305/65's (33.6X12) 295/70's (34.3x11.6) on 18x9 Cepek DC-1's. Im guessing that the slightly wider rim will widen it slightly. Either way the help is greatly appeciated.

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
BIG Laing thats a sweet looking ride and the proportions are right... I have 275/70/18 on stock wheels and they dont look bad but they dont look right. So I'm caught between 305/65's (33.6X12) 295/70's (34.3x11.6) on 18x9 Cepek DC-1's. Im guessing that the slightly wider rim will widen it slightly. Either way the help is greatly appeciated.
I am a fan of bigger diameter with a narrower width. I think the diameter is what people notice more... JMO.

This site has more knowledge then you will be able to find anywhere else. Lots of good guys, and a few gals. :ORG welcome:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts