Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering... has anyone here been in an extremely desperate situation where they used "alternative fuels"? (i.e. motor oil, kerosene, etc...)

The other day I was pretty desperate for fuel (don't wanna go into details as why... lol) and used the 1 gallon of 2 cycle oil I had in my truck to power her till I could get to a gas station to get some more diesel..... She ran without a problem... Which really surprised me lol.

Travis

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
There are individuals experimenting every day. Some making inteligent choices, some not so much.....

But I am amazed what has been put thru a HEUI injector system, and still ran. A psd will run on some fuels that will surprise you, but long term, many will not provide reliable and safe service.

Compression inginition systems are pretty forgiving, however, the technology behind the injection systems will limit how long a PSD will run on piss and vinegar.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I ran B20 for a little bit and I noticed a slight increase in power..... Since you've been running on Bio, have you noticed any power increase?

Travis

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
I ran B20 for a little bit and I noticed a slight increase in power..... Since you've been running on Bio, have you noticed any power increase?

Travis

Yes and No.

B100 vs WVO---> B100 runs with better power.
B100 vs D2-----> No difference at above freezing temps in unmodified system.

These are my observations in our 2-VW's (ALH and PD) and 3-7.3 PSD's )(99, 03, 02) ......individual results may vary. Home made B100 will vary greatly. I will not run ANY B100 that does not pass a 27/3 test......

1 - 4 of 4 Posts