Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey i need to kno what is the best chip for an 08 F250 and an exhaust to go with it. thought you may help me out. thank you:icon_ford:

·
Premium Member
8,819 Posts
The best TUNER is Spartan! Hands down

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
/\ that will be the answer you ill get 99% of the time on this site. ..

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
im looking for anything but a spartan

·
Premium Member
8,819 Posts
im looking for anything but a spartan
Hmmmm, you asked what was the best on the market. Spartan is the BEST and most proven tuner out there. You should have said that you wanted the second best tuner...

·
Registered
25 Posts
First off :agree:
Secondly the search button would have told you the same thing...:banging:
Third unless you want to be that guy :pointlaugh: go buy a SPARTAN and get the 275/310 tune.

·
Premium Member
8,819 Posts
I mean, someone asks advice like this, and then shoots back with what he did....almost like he already knows the tuners (not chips!!!) and wanted to shoot down the most proven tuner on the market. I mean Spartan has the BEST monitoring device out there, comparable fuel mileage with the competition, fastest fuel only track times, fastest fuel+nitrous track times, highest dyno horsepower on fuel, highest dyno horsepower on fuel+nitrous, and the highest torque numbers period. To me that answers your question of what TUNER is the best on the market.

If you want second best get the SCT with River City Diesel custom tunes. If you want third best get the SCT with Innovative Diesel Performance custom tuning. After that you can go Edge Race Evolution, SCT by itself with no custom tunes, then you could always get the DPF-R module and add the generic tuner of your choice.

Hope this helps you out bud!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ok here let me restate my original post
i have nothing against spartan but i am looking to put a 5" exhaust so i dont need a cat delete tube second im not looking for a cold air intake so i am not willing to fork over that much money for a chip just to get the 275 tune so i guess i am looking for the second best chip

·
Registered
175 Posts
ok here let me restate my original post
i have nothing against spartan but i am looking to put a 5" exhaust so i dont need a cat delete tube second im not looking for a cold air intake so i am not willing to fork over that much money for a chip just to get the 275 tune so i guess i am looking for the second best chip

Sounds like you need a BANKS! :thumb: :hehe::hehe:

·
Premium Member
8,819 Posts
Well first off, it's a tuner....not a chip. Just to clear that up. Second off your truck will not perform that great without a cold air intake, but it will work with a stock air box. Third of all, there is no need for the 275 tune if you don't want it. No one is going to make you fork up $300 for a tune if you don't want it. And lastly, PLENTY of people run the Spartan tunes with a 3.5" DPF delete pipe and the stock exhaust. 5" is not needed....

·
Registered
764 Posts
Like stated before if you want the best tuner out there get a spartan and if deleteing the dpf is an issue than just get a edge or something but it will probably hurt you later on down the road. and i dont see what the size of exhaust you want effects the tuner?

·
Registered
165 Posts
Spartan has DPF-on tunes.

·
Registered
764 Posts
yeah but if your doin that you might as well just save money and get bully dog or edge cause youll need it when you have to buy a new dpf

1 - 18 of 18 Posts