Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently posted a thread called "Life After the Big Hoss Bundle", & from everyone who posted's advice (& getting my butt kicked on the street when it shouldn't have!), I've come to the conclusion that I want a new chip! The Banks Big Hoss module I have is nice, but not aggressive enough for what I'm looking for. Here's the wrinkle: Banks claims I can use the Six-Gun tuner with ANY chip from ANY manufacturer & I want to keep the Six-Gun tuner. Does anyone have a non-Banks chip with the Six-Gun tuner? My BIGGEST interest @ this point is a Tony Wildman burn. Does anyone use a Tony Wildman chip with the Six-Gun? Or any chip with the Six-Gun? How is it set up? Do you change settings through the Six-Gun, or does the brand you use have it's own way of changing settings? I just like the Six-Gun for it's easy shift-on-the-fly settings, the vitals, & being able to set Trans., EGT, & Boost limits. I also like the fact, being it's the size of a standard gauge, I was able to mount it on a steering collar gauge mount from AutoMeter & it sits right there in front of my face! Anyway, ANY advice is much appreciated!

·
Premium Member
31,729 Posts
The reason you can use the 6 gun with a chip is its basically a glorified 10k mod. With a custom burn from Jody or Tony you wont need the 6 gun at all. In fact if you did stack it you might gain about 5 to 10hp tops

·
Registered
4,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The reason you can use the 6 gun with a chip is its basically a glorified 10k mod. With a custom burn from Jody or Tony you wont need the 6 gun at all. In fact if you did stack it you might gain about 5 to 10hp tops
What's a 10k mod?:dunno:

·
Premium Member
31,729 Posts

·
John Wood Nut Swinger
3,413 Posts

:agree: The most I have seen is 13hp. The last guy that had a stacked setup only made 9hp more on the dyno, needless to say he was a little ticked off.

·
Registered
30 Posts
After installing my DP F5, my Six Gun is now just a glorified digital EGT probe. No need for any additional tuners etc with the right chip and tunes.

·
Registered
50 Posts
i had a hypermax flash tuner set at 90hp and a six gun and the dp tuner blows that set up away by far and i've gained 2 mpg with dp

·
Premium Member
1,042 Posts
DONT STACK

THEY SAY DONT STACK ON POWER STROKES.NO POWER,ALOT OF SMOKE AND OVER LOADING PCM.EVERYONE IS RIGHT.IF YOU LOVE YOUR TRUCK.GET TUNES TO FIT YOUR TRUCK.CUSTOM TUNE IT.

·
Premium Member
4,129 Posts
Heck, Larrys Excursion actually lost 9hp stacking his 6 gun with the TS chip, but the bottom end is greatly improved with the stack. He doesnt miss that 9hp, and enjoys the new found bottom end power.

·
Registered
4,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So basically, I need to drop the Six-Gun & upgrade to a better chip. I think I'll just disconnect the Six-Gun from the ICP & MAP sensors & like someone else had said, use the Six-Gun for a digital EGT gauge. I use the Six-Gun to measure EGT @ the exhaust manifold & use an AutoMeter @ the turbo. I appreciate the input, guys!:thumb:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts