Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently posted a thread called "Life After the Big Hoss Bundle", & from everyone who posted's advice (& getting my butt kicked on the street when it shouldn't have!), I've come to the conclusion that I want a new chip! The Banks Big Hoss module I have is nice, but not aggressive enough for what I'm looking for. Here's the wrinkle: Banks claims I can use the Six-Gun tuner with ANY chip from ANY manufacturer & I want to keep the Six-Gun tuner. Does anyone have a non-Banks chip with the Six-Gun tuner? My BIGGEST interest @ this point is a Tony Wildman burn. Does anyone use a Tony Wildman chip with the Six-Gun? Or any chip with the Six-Gun? How is it set up? Do you change settings through the Six-Gun, or does the brand you use have it's own way of changing settings? I just like the Six-Gun for it's easy shift-on-the-fly settings, the vitals, & being able to set Trans., EGT, & Boost limits. I also like the fact, being it's the size of a standard gauge, I was able to mount it on a steering collar gauge mount from AutoMeter & it sits right there in front of my face! Anyway, ANY advice is much appreciated!

·
Premium Member
31,706 Posts
The reason you can use the 6 gun with a chip is its basically a glorified 10k mod. With a custom burn from Jody or Tony you wont need the 6 gun at all. In fact if you did stack it you might gain about 5 to 10hp tops

·
Registered
4,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The reason you can use the 6 gun with a chip is its basically a glorified 10k mod. With a custom burn from Jody or Tony you wont need the 6 gun at all. In fact if you did stack it you might gain about 5 to 10hp tops
What's a 10k mod?:dunno:

·
Premium Member
31,706 Posts

·
John Wood Nut Swinger
3,413 Posts

:agree: The most I have seen is 13hp. The last guy that had a stacked setup only made 9hp more on the dyno, needless to say he was a little ticked off.

·
Registered
30 Posts
After installing my DP F5, my Six Gun is now just a glorified digital EGT probe. No need for any additional tuners etc with the right chip and tunes.

·
Registered
50 Posts
i had a hypermax flash tuner set at 90hp and a six gun and the dp tuner blows that set up away by far and i've gained 2 mpg with dp

·
Premium Member
4,128 Posts
Heck, Larrys Excursion actually lost 9hp stacking his 6 gun with the TS chip, but the bottom end is greatly improved with the stack. He doesnt miss that 9hp, and enjoys the new found bottom end power.

·
Registered
4,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So basically, I need to drop the Six-Gun & upgrade to a better chip. I think I'll just disconnect the Six-Gun from the ICP & MAP sensors & like someone else had said, use the Six-Gun for a digital EGT gauge. I use the Six-Gun to measure EGT @ the exhaust manifold & use an AutoMeter @ the turbo. I appreciate the input, guys!:thumb:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.